Adsense Earnings Went Double: Do I need to Worry?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by GekiDan, Jun 12, 2011.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In the past week, my blog's Adsense earnings went double! Although I'm happy with it, I'm just worried it might put a risk on my account on being banned by Google.

Here's a screenshot of my earnings yesterday:
    [​IMG]

My regular visitors go for 11k to 14k a day.
    Do you guys think it's a good sign? Or a bad sign?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done on having an increase in revenue. Your screenshot shows that your ads had over 30,000 impressions, is that normal or did the number of impressions you are receiving also increase?

If you are doing everything in compliance with Google Adsense's policies I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

3. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Check your traffic statistics. Was there an increase in traffic yesterday? If not, move onto clicks. Did you get more substantially more clicks than normal yesterday? If so, it could be an indication of someone visiting your site and repeatedly clicking adverts to try and get you into trouble. While I'm sure this isn't the case, there is the possibility that it is so I'd review everything properly to find out how your earnings increased by so much. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys.
    Well, in the past few days, my traffic jumped from 11k a day to at least 13k-15k a day due to over-hyping by fans on my niche. And it's kinda on a regular pattern every end of the month. It might change next week since we are expecting a new show to be revealed and announced for the first time.

Here's another screenshot from my Adsense account in the past week. It includes Pageviews, Clicks and Estimated Earnings:
    [​IMG]

EDIT: In June 10, I received one of the highest click rate on my Adsense. It's $6.xx on a single click. You might noticed that it got the highest earning day in the past week.

EDIT#2: I found out that the cost per click of the ads that's getting clicked increased from the usual CPC my ads have. Take a quick look:

[​IMG]

#4 GekiDan, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What could be happening there GekiDan is that an advertiser is specifically targeting your site, i.e. they are indicating that they want their ads displayed on your blog. This sometimes happens when a site reaches a certain level of activity and quality of traffic. It's good news and can have a significant impact on your earnings.

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks. So this means I'll worry no more. :D

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nothing to worry if all the clicks are natural click. My site have same happen that the traffic increase, it might due to panda update, many of my keyword serp get better rank .

• Like Like x 1
  8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Panda update?

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  10. CloptonCapital

CloptonCapital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How is your account going to get banned for making $11 a week

11. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Just check traffic sources, and if it's clean, only organic traffic and reffering website you should be fine. And also check if the clicks comes from one ip or different ones.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of my referral traffic came from my Facebook Fanpages, Twitter, Feedburner, a few forums I frequent to and most especially Search Engines like Google and Yahoo.

Here's a screenshot of my analytics for May 1 to June 13:
    [​IMG]

And Adsense Earnings from the same time:
    [​IMG]

A posted this same question on another forum and one guy suggested me to email Google just to be sure. Email them and posted a thread on their help forum. Waiting for their reply (if they decided to)...

13. Ava OuYang

Ava OuYang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good news. You don't need to worry about it. Keep doing best to earn more revenue