Adsense Alert: You have rejected ad requests, which will result in lost revenue.

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by GekiDan, Nov 20, 2012.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm back to BAF! How is everyone doing?
    Anyways, I dropped by to ask about this alert in my Adsense account.
    "You have rejected ad requests, which will result in lost revenue."

And when I click for more details, here's what it says:
    Incorrect sites: googleads.g.doubleclick.net, ib.adnxs.com

And here's a reminder from them:
    The errors listed below will result in blank ads being displayed on affected pages starting August 15, 2012.
    Please make sure that you fix these errors before then.

I only saw this alert the other day.
    I'm pretty much sure that that alert is non-existent when I visited my account weeks ago.

I have already made some research and on most sites, it says that it's a Google Adsense glitch. But the problem is, those posts are dated at the end of August. and it's been months since that. Checked Adsense Known Issues (which is said to have some official post regarding this matter), but it have none. It makes me think that Google already fixed that glitch.

My site is running on Blogger and that adsense ad channel is on the HTML/Javascript widget or gadget.
    And that ib.adnxs.com is not my website.

So, do I need to worry? Or I'll just ignore this one and go on?

Thanks in advance.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you noticed any dip in your Adsense revenue since you received that alert? Have you seen any blank slots where Adsense should be displayed on your blog?

3. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as above - has your income changed at all?

4. Eli Sultanov

Eli Sultanov
    uix_expand uix_collapse

we all know that already

5. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you try an manipulate the range of adverts that the adsense units would show to increase your earnings? I've heard this can sometimes cause problems.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Pete, what do you mean by "the range of adverts"? Are you referring to the number of ad units displayed on any given page?

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't really see any change in my earnings in the past few days since I saw that alert.

What do you mean by this? I'm using the default settings on my ads ever since I started it 2-3 years ago.

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just check if anything wrong in your site and the adsense ads is display as normal, if nothing goes wrong, then just ignore it. SOmetime it can be bug from adsense

9. surge

surge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had a day job in an online advertising industry and i have dealt with this error. Almost every publisher using Google AdSense were seeing this message after logging into their account. ib.adnxs.com is an AppNexus AdServer, Internet Broadcasting which was acquired by CoxDigital. Is your default tag using appnexus adserver? Or are you using appnexus adserver to server google ads? This has got something to do with the URL passing in google adsense ad script. This error message was basically a reminder/notification and does not affect your revenue or normal adserving. URL passing is basically done to improve optimization of the ads to increase revenue for the publisher and that is what that notification is about. URL passing basically means including the url of the page where the ad is being served, this can again be dynamic through the use of a macro if your adserver supports that or it can be hard coded directly in your ad script. You will most probably have to do the hardcoding of the URL. Below is an example of both dynamic and hardcoded passing methods.

1. if you are passing page url dynamically then add the below code in google adsense script;

google_page_url = "#PPAGEURL";

2. If you want to hardcode the url then use the following;

google_page_url="http://www.example.com";

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@surge,
    I'm not using any adserver to serve Adsense ads on my blog. I basically pasted the Adsense code on the Blogger widget and have it published.
    Regarding that fix, are we not allowed to edit our Adsense ad codes?

11. surge

surge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its safe to add this variable to adsense tag, many publishers are already using it.

URL passing through adtag is one of the big things in advertising industry for several reasons.

Check the below page, that will help. If you scroll down that page, you will see two variants of code, a typical adsense code and one with google_page_url variable added.

How to fix misconfigured ad request notifications
    http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2694805

• Like Like x 1