Ads on BAF

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Fergal, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm considering adding some ads to BAF. I'd take steps to ensure that ads are relevant to the content of our community and that they are not in any way overbearing or distracting from the content of the site.

Feel free to let me know what you think.

Thanks!

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal, are you talking about Google ads or paid ads by members? Either way I personally have no problems with it and think it is a good way of earning some revenue.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Sean, thanks for your feedback. I will be considering Google ads, ads from members and and direct ad sales.

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can make a suggestion here, I think Google Ads are no so good in earning revenue and it also distract in the threads. Are you considering of adding it in headers and footers?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Sahil, I haven't decided on the location of ads yet. However, I do like the idea of including a banner in the header area. We wont be including any ideas within threads or within posts, so hopefully they wont distract from the main content.

6. sajjad.axe

sajjad.axe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think its a cool idea , i have seen many forums specially internet marketing forums and games forums , they have a banner at the top, i never noticed but subconsciencly thought there is a add at the top, any ways , cool idea , move along ,

7. eddielkk

eddielkk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It can benefit BAF in term of long run by having some ads to support, but please don't allow too many ads running on your forum, as this will slow down the forum loading time, and also make the forum looks messy. I think header and side banner ads should be enough.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are planning on putting up Google ads here, would you mind making this a Adsense Revenue Sharing forum?
    It will greatly help the members in earning with the Adsense accounts by posting here.

9. ekta74

ekta74
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the best location for google ads is either on the top or "in between" the posts for obviously revenue purpose.There should not be any kind of confusion if they are placed properly .Also,they are always be there with the keywords "ads by google" .Here is what google suggests about placement of their ads on a "forum site": https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=43868

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google adsense is one of the best choice. Besides google adsense, you can also consider industrybrains.com which suitable for this forum too

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

ekta74, that really is very helpful thanks a lot for that.

eddielkk, I agree with you, there wont be too many ads. I do want to maintain the professional and user-friendly feel of the forum.

Thanks for the suggestion GekiDan, however we already give out a lot of revenue through our daily and larger contests. That is our way of rewarding members for their participation and we give out more money to active members, than any other forums I've seen and I don't actually plan on implementing Adsense revenue share.

Thanks again everyone.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok Fergal, thanks for the explanation.

13. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about using Bidvertisers ads? using my affiliate link of course lol (just kidding) You can select which ads you want to display, and you can also see how much you can earn for each click you generate on the ads you approved. Plus, the payout is every $10 via paypal!

14. Elomelo

Elomelo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can see some google ads are running already. In my opinion, it will be a very good idea to place the ads wisely. The revenue these ads will generate may help BAF to grow more quickly. Personally I support this stance. We cannot ignore the truth that money has a very big role behind every success; tiny or big.

15. sajjad.axe

sajjad.axe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mee toooo

Yes i too observed that ads , but i feel ads should be more at least one more banner , this one banner hardly comes into notice ,

this is my personal opinion.

thank you ,

16. alirex

alirex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have a suggestion if you can modify your postbit template then place ads like this which i placed on my site and it gives me high clicks http://apnadesi-tv.com/thread-27606.html ads around the content 2 big size 330x225 size text ads and bottom 468x60 size text ads. Text ads are more versatile them demographic.

Its only a suggestion. Bcoz my site is hardly getting reply so i have no problem bcoz postbit is repeating ads in replies too. So best if u can modify somehow manage only ads one time and only in main 1st post

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I'm happy with the Adsense ads for the moment. I don't plan on putting them into the PostBit, because I feel that it would distract from the forum content.

18. Nathan

Nathan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal is right. The ads now are fine, but in the post bit would be too much.

19. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am surprised a site this big hasn't had adverts for some time seeing as it must cost a lot to host.

As the are now is fine, I do not even notice them.

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal concentrated first on having a good traffic forum before adding ads.