Adding extras to wordpress.

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by BWN, Aug 25, 2014.

1. BWN

BWN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I would be really grateful of some advice for my website. Please excuse my limited knowledge/wording on the subject :rolleyes:

I am a freelance writer, so I decided to set up a (paid) Wordpress website advertising my writing services. I have managed to get the website looking how I want it BUT, I would like to provide a way the client can submit a writing brief to me via a contact form with a file attachment option, along with a payment from PayPal from them, which will be "held" until I have completed the work and submitted it to them. I want the client to have the option to "accept" or "decline" the work once they have received it. If they accept the piece of writing then the PayPal payment will be processed and sent to me, if they decline, then the payment goes back to them an the writing will return to me.

Due to the nature of my "money back guarantee" so to speak, I want the client to be able to view the content I have written without being able to copy and paste it or have any other means of removing it, until they accept the work and release payment to me. This is just to safeguard myself from the client taking the work without payment.

I have worked on freelancer sites before and seen this system in practise but I have no idea how to go about setting it up.

If anyone knows of a way I can do this in a simple way, I would be eternally grateful. :D

Thank you

Anita

2. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    About written content protection:
    WP plugins usually just disable right click options or do something similar, but from "code view" the content can be stolen. Accordingly it is not a vital solution for you. Maybe it works when the content is shown as a picture and the plugin prevents drag & drop, too.

On the other hand giving away the whole content as a preview is a dangerous idea: from a screenshot containing your content - even if technically just as an image file [practically this case it does not matter] - anyone can generate text nowadays. :(
    Let them know just a part of your work as a preview.

Additionally, if you give them the content - even as an image file, or pdf or anything - when they are able to see the content on their screen, they will able to steal the content (Screenshot + OCR = textfile). I think you ought to know this :(

3. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In fact there would be always a way to steal your content in internet, you don't have to bother, google will know how is the thief

4. BWN

BWN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

Thank you for your helpful replies. So its more a case of trust really when it comes to showing the work to the client? Like I said I have seen this kind of system on websites I have worked on before but its a bit different now I am setting up on my own. Maybe I will have a rethink on the "guarantee" I mentioned.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction to create a form like the one described above? So the client can initially submit a brief and make payment.

I am very confused about creating one myself. Maybe you know of one or could recommend something similar?

Again, Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Anita

5. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Anita,
    Look around in WordPress plugins for creating "forms". Beyond the usual stuff you will be able to add a custom field to submit a brief - but I strongly recommend to negotiate the content skeleton with the prospect via direct emailing. Use Captcha to eliminate spam.
    Some of these plugins are suitable to use them even with Paypal.

We have build such pages only in Drupal - not recommended for the faint hearted :) - so I am afraid I can not recommend WP Plugins that worked. My boss is but he is holiday :) Yupeee!

On the other hand a well built, optimized website equipped with high conversion rate warfare and outstanding user experience would work well for you - without building all the bells and whistles in at the very beginning mentioned above. Starting at 55% and improve further usually better (or at least more beneficial) than waiting for the 100% solution...

6. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are thinking that the requirements are small and can be done easily but the paypal approval thing and 100% protection is looking difficult as anyone with some technical knowledge can copy the content even you disable the right click.

7. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe yes, it is a matter of trust and business relations between client and orderer.