Addictive Websites!!

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Fergal, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Obviously I hope you all find Business Advice Forum very addictive and a necessary part of your day :)

I've recently started using Facebook and I'm most surprised at how addictive it is. Once I'm online I think of visiting it to see if any of my "friends" have updated their latest news or added new pics.

I'm very impressed that the system pops upus details of old real world friends and acquaintances and that I can get in touch with them again.

Do you visit any websites that you find addictive and what do you like about them?

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've always believed in the saying, "If you don't use it, you'll lose it". This applies to everything like if we don't exercise, then will lose our good health and become fat. Same is true with our brain and that's the reason why I love to read and also like to solve puzzles.

Last year, a colleague of mine introduced me to the Sudoku puzzle. Ever since that day, I've been hooked and addicted to this Japanese number puzzle. I particularly like Squiggly Sudoku though because it doesn't follow the normal 3x3 square but comes in different shapes so it's more challenging to solve than the conventional sudoku puzzle.

For the conventional sudoku puzzle, here's the simple rule:
    Everyday, I solve at least one Sudoku puzzle from Daily Sudoku website. Why don't you give it a try too? I've read somewhere that people who solve puzzles and play games make better Analysts and programmers. So if you want to keep your mind sharp, Sudoku is one way of doing that.

3. yardaniaa

yardaniaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Chess is a recreational and competitive game played between two players. Sometimes called Western chess or international chess to distinguish it from its predecessors and other chess variants, the current form of the game emerged in Southern Europe during the second half of the 15th century after evolving from similar, much older games of Indian and Persian origin. Today, chess is one of the world's most popular games, played by millions of people worldwide in clubs, online, by correspondence, in tournaments and informally.
    www.chess.about.com

4. man2008

man2008
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am addictive of internet usage. I always search one or the other thing especially getting earned by other good sites. I am a member of several sites and forums. But now I am sticked to persianptc as it helps me to grow more and more.

I love hostbidder also. Because from it I got so many good and bad responses.:)

5. techsense

techsense
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am addicted to magic. I know it sounds funny, but its true. I love magic and i spend most of my time searching for new magic tricks. I also spend my time on finding sites from which i can make money so that i can buy new magic tricks.
    I spend most of my time on www.ellusionist.com and www.learnmagictricks.org/forum

I am so impressed by tricks at www.ellusionist.com that i have seen each and every magic trick on ellusionist for about 10-15 times.

I think magic is the best and easiest thing which can be done to impress people and that is why i am so much addicted to magic.

6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I check Hi5.com - It's like as FaceBook. You add friends and chat with them and give profile comments and fives. It really so interesting. You can also see beside your Profile picture about Visitors number. It shows how many people visited your website. And you can also see who visited you. It so much popular here in my country and various other. There is also always something to do and that is funny and interesting. There are Hi5 Applications like Superfives, vampires and some games.

You can spend your time in this website if you feel bore. You can upload your photos, invite friends or join a group or chat with your friends. It's addictive as other sites. :)

7. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since I'm on Internet, I love to download softwares, music and different other programs.

And I'm provided with this huge website called http://www.download.com

Here, I can download any software of any category that has got good reviewed and rating. I can download the softwares that is trusted by many people and Internet companies and also including some Best Softwares of the Year. In Addition, you can downlod featured Music genres that are most of the time popular and favorite. Also, you can read software reviews, news, even tips and tricks, cnet TV, and compare prices and the website isprovided with blog for discussion about softwares and prices from customer point of view.

So, I'm attached with his website due to it's interesing feature it has along with just downloading.

#7 DEADMAN, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  8. A H Nikhil

A H Nikhil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i just visit www.orkut.com every time i come online....
    feel like spending my whole day over there...
    i get in contact with my old real world classmates... swimming pool friends..
    all of them whom i have seen...
    the addon's n things which they provide... v can put new themes so that our friends who come to our profile ...they will fell wonderful..
    its really useful... well i love it just like i love business advice forum

9. ritajones56

ritajones56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find Facebook and MySpace to be pretty addictive, so I try to limit my time on both of them because there is so much more out there on the Internet.