Ad Publisher that allows download links

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by GekiDan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There is a list of Ad Networks (Most Pay via PayPal) in our Useful Online Business Resources thread. I'm not sure where they stand regarding allowing their ads to be displayed on download sites. A quick email to them with a link to your site or a read of their specific terms would hopefully confirm whether they would allow your site use their network.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal. I have registered and tried Clicksor. But I don't know if the ad is showing correctly...
    Can anyone check?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I see a few ads there Dan; one on the left hand navigation area (skyscraper), one in the right hand navigation (125 x 125), a banner after the first post (468 x 60), a large banner ad that appears as a sort of a pop-up at the very bottom of the screen and finally a "pop-up" type ad (actually it was probably an interstitial webpage ad) that completely covered your website page. Personally I hate those interstitial webpage ads and I don't normally go back to sites that use them, however, that's my personal view, your visitors may be different.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the review Fergal. I'll try this set-up for a week and see how's my visitors respond.

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Clicksor seems to generating revenue but there have been reports that the ads contain viruses and malware.
    This happened after I removed the interstitial ad and occasional pop-ups.

Does any same thing happened to you guys if you visit sites with clicksor ads?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I haven't experienced this myself GekiDan. Have you tried to contact Clicksor themselves about this? They are a well known ad network and their reputation will be important to them. Perhaps this is something they can help you with.

8. electroman

electroman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try adbrite. It is good too :D

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't tried. Will do this week.

Tried TrafficRevenue.net and the earnings are really slow... I'll try the sliding banner later and check on the earnings.
    Can I use them with Adsense?

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The key question here is whether or not the ads could be confused with Adsense ads, if they could you are better off not putting them on the same page as Adsense ads. If they are very different you should be fine.

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest, I don't know. The both publish banner ads but Traffic Revenue don't have text links.

Another thing about TrafficRevenue is they have this invisible ad. The payment varies depending on your site's CTR and it could be a big help on my main blog since I got over 10k traffic a day.

12. aapkae

aapkae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well most download networks are consist of spywares

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What's an "invisible ad"? That's a new one on me, how can an ad help to promote something if it's invisible?

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know for sure how it works. But it says you'll just insert a code on your site and that's it.
    But I don't know for sure. It might contain some pop-ups.

15. flintheart

flintheart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is nice. I was looking for some Adsense type service. Is it possible to place ads on my blog using these services? I tried registering with Adwords but its not accepting my blog and I don't have a website. Will they allow me registering with my blog and place ads on it? Its on blogger.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adwords are for advertisers, not publishers. Have you tried registering on Adsense?I think it's much better if you create a new thread regarding your question so you can get detail answers.

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd be very reluctant to place any type of ad code on a site, without knowing exactly what it does. Pop-up ads are very annoying and may drive visitors away from your blog. Also you should note the following from the Google AdSense Program Policies
    It shouldn't be an issue provided of course that your blog is compliant with the Google AdSense Program Policies. A huge number of Blogger blogs display Adsense ads. As GekiDan said, please feel free to start a new thread with your questions.