Active traffic?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by scroozlewis, May 25, 2010.

1. scroozlewis

scroozlewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All the site owners want traffic to increase sales and profit. However, the need of active traffic is rarely desired. The active traffic is the visitor who communicates on the site by leaving comments, giving votes, reading, watching or listening to the posted content, video or advice. My two sites are ideally based on user interaction. The first one is OpenBlog for people to subscribe to article, whereas another one is a help-in-relationship site. I need to bring in more active traffic for both the site. Please recommend some method to ease my burden. Thank you very much in advance.

2. hetal_387

hetal_387
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really don't understand what your websites do.so I think you should give websites urls here because without seeing your website no one can guide you.

3. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I second hetal I don't really know how to answer without seeing the sites and getting an actual idea of what you are trying to do. I get you want readers to interact rather than just read but cannot really help with strategies without some knowledge or viewing of the sites.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

scroozlewis what have you been doing to promote your sites up to now?

Running contests might work to encourage activity on your site. Base the contest around the activity you wish to encourage. For example, you could run a contest and give a prize to the visitor who makes the most helpful blog comments of the month. Prizes don't even need to cost you anything, e.g. you could offer ad space on your sites as a prize or even just the title of most helpful member, might be enough to encourage your members / visitors to become active.

Activity generates activity and being active on the site yourself or having other staff who are active is important for encouraging others to participate.

As other members have said, if you can please tell us a little more about your sites and what you wish to achieve, we can be more helpful to you.

Good luck with it!

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you want to get "active traffic", your site must be "active enough". First at all, you must work out yourself by keep adding information content, then invite your friends come for the discussion. After that, spend some times on SEO or you can use PPC advertising if you are willing to spend some money. Then, you can get more active member.

Dont expect to get active member if your site is not active enough, you must keep on make them "active"