Accepting Euro Payments from Europe Customers

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by sachin817, Sep 9, 2014.

1. sachin817

sachin817
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I have a company based in the US that regularly sells products to European customers. The transaction size can range from $450 to $4,000, if not more on occasion. Up until now, we are simply accepting wire transfers to our US bank in dollars or accepting credit card from European customers in which they are charged in dollars.

Going forward, we would like to start pricing our products in Euros and accepting Euro payments, making it more convenient for European customers to understand our pricing and pay for our products.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can start accepting payments in Euros. Please note we do not sell our products via an E-commerce site, but accept orders via phone, email, or fax.

1. Can I simply open up a Euro account in the US or does that have to be with a European bank? Is this a costly solution?
    2. How about accepting credit cards that I can charge in Euros?
    3. Can I accept checks in Euros from these customers? Our customers are spread out all over Europe.
    4. Are there vendors or options that small businesses are using to help me with my problem?

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

2. ecohomes

ecohomes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The bank will make either conversion when the payment arrives or you need to open an account in Euros.

3. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Opening an account in euros is the best solution, in this way your customers will be more convenient in paying and when it comes to withdrawing the fund in your local currency it will again be converted for you to draw in dollars. I think best thing is to contact some bank and get all perfect idea about the same.