About Blogs Vs Forums?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by diagurzula, Jun 21, 2010.

1. diagurzula

diagurzula
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I need some help with this query I have. In terms of user experience, SEO and profits, which option would you recommend? Would you suggest blogs or forums? On a certain topic, there are a few guides on my website currently. As HTML pages, they all have been shown. There is also an interlinking in all the guides. The choice to create a blog or a forum is with me now and that is why I am confused. Will my search engine ranking improve with this information? Can anyone help me out here?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally I'd recommend creating a blog, if your main focus is on SEO and profits. If your main focus is to engage and communicate with people interested in your niche, I'd suggest going with a forum. However, as Carlsberg say, there's always option C and you could create a site that contains both a blog and a forum.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blog is easy compare to forum, you make a great blog if you are a good writer. For the forum is a bit different, you need to know marketing and promoting other than posting, much time need to spend on forum at the beginning stage. Once your forum grown, then you might need to pay more attention on the management.

By the way, forum can get better traffic compare to blog if both of them are grown.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Very true, have you ever owned a forum yourself?

5. WildCat

WildCat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've got a question: How to promote a forum? Are there any special techniques for forums? How to attract visitors? Which is more preferable from the point of view of traffic having a do-follow or no-follow forum?

6. OnlineBusinessZen

OnlineBusinessZen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a fairly successful home brewing forum. When I was starting it, what I did was give away a free gift once a month to a forum member at random.

It worked pretty well at the beginning to build membership. Once you have a few "regulars" and a few hundred members the forum will grow by itself as long as you moderate it properly.

Brad

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, and i will never go for the forum
    I'm moderator for quite number of forum, and i would say it is very tiring compare to blog or website. And I dont think i can spend much time on manage my own forum

9. hailin

hailin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

in my point of view,I use blog promotion less,mostly of time I do forum promotion.I think blogs and forums r the same,just building backlinks to attract high traffic.both of them r effective.I just prefer forum promotion.
    u should remember,whatever u choose,never to be a spammer.

10. benneyquenue

benneyquenue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seo should focusing in the contents rather than the links.

11. kamalchandel

kamalchandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you create forums then you have to follow the policy of forum owner but if you crate a blog on blogspot or wordpress then you don't have to worry and you can use unlimited anchor text for your backlinks and it will definetely more beneficial than the forums.

12. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, IMHO forums are the best. They are best friends of Search Engines. If you want to get anything indexed quicker then forums are the best. The main reason behind it is because, when someone make 1 post it will be considered as a separate page in Search Engines and the more posts and threads you have the more pages you have. And Search Engines loves the site with more and more pages as well as inter linking between them. But, if it comes of management then I would surely say that forums are hard to manage but they are not impossible. The money you can make with forums is well worth more then blogs.

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forums are one of the website platforms that easily gets traffic.
    But you should be wary since forums are hard to manage once it has lots of members.

14. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

in other words
    forums are market oriented and blogs are search engine oriented.