A video about social media marketing.

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Jahan Choudhry, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm having no more luck with it, very odd. I'd guess it requires higher permission (so a mod would need to enable it)?

An interesting video for sure. The basic idea is great, but a few of the comments in it are a little questionable (and some of the information already a bit dated).

I think the idea of people no longer 'searching' for products is flawed in premise, there is simply too much information available on the wwinterwebnet for people not to have to investigate certain things in isolation. What will continue to change is how we go about searching for the information, where we search for it and what information is of most importance to us (e.g. personal recommendations above product specifications).

Thanks for sharing JC.

#2 PaulPinnacle, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Exciting video, I love that Fat Boy Slim tune. I'd agree with the main message of the video, no one in business can afford to ignore social media.

Unfortunately the embedding on that particular video is not working for me either.

4. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, just two points really.

1. Your comment reminds me of the whole dot com "revolution" 10+ years ago when there was a lot of media hype - well here in the UK anyway - about creating online businesses, with lastminute.com being constantly shown as a successful model. A lot of people jumped on the bandwagon and then suffered, because they failed to realize basic business common sense, getting people to see your webpage is just a means to them buying an actual end product....it was the actual end product side of things a lot of "entrepreneurs" were weak on....hence the failed businesses.

2. Social media marketing is just another form of marketing but qualitatively different in that the factor of "personal recommendation" from friends (or "personal discouragement") is made far quicker by sending a message to all your facebook/twitter buddies etc.