A South African In Portland, Oregon, USA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Isidro, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Isidro

Isidro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everybody,

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself and post a warning. I'll start with the warning - I'm here to learn so you can expect me to ask a lot of questions. Apologies in advance if these have been answered in other threads. I'll do my best to search for answers first but these skills will need time to develop. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

I'm fortunate enough to be single with no dependents and able to enjoy an American adventure that wouldn't be possible with a family. Since my arrival here sixteen years ago I have managed to see quite a lot of this wonderful country. I've spent half of my time in America living in Portland, Oregon. This is where I have studied (applied metaphysics and writing) and done a lot of healing. I also spent eighteen-months in Colorado learning the hospitality trade and managing an international hostel. I enjoyed working on a recycling yard in North Carolina for a year shortly after I came to America. This is where I learned to drive a forklift and a Bobcat. These are the only four-wheel vehicles I've ever learned to drive. Part of my commitment to improving my business skills is learning to drive a car soon.

Since I have lots of time on my hands I intend to make good use of it investigating what it will take to establish my own business. Being independent is the biggest motivating factor in getting this done. I value my freedom and would like to see more of the world. My intention is to establish an international business combining my current skills of hospitality and writing. Later I trust I will include other skills I intend to acquire (e.g organic gardening and eco-friendly construction methods).

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and investing your time in creating this forum.

Be well,
    Shaun

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Welcome to the forum, Shaun. Your introduction is one of the best written I've seen, and I've been here for few years. Don't worry about asking too many questions, but I'm glad you said you would browse the forum first to make sure you don't ask a question that's already been answered - some people don't do that. We are here to help you in any way we can, and if you can answer someone's question, feel free to do so.

3. William Hix

William Hix
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Shaun, welcome to the forum.. I'm looking forward reading your post..

4. Nerdie

Nerdie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF! We are glad to have you. :)

5. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Shaun! I look forward to having you as a great addition to this forum! :)

6. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to BAF forum

7. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Shaun, welcome to the forum and thanks for the detailed introduction. It is great to have you aboard. Don't worry about asking lots of questions - that is what the forum is here for.