A quote about persistence

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Kay, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It can be discouraging to feel you work really hard and don't have much to show for it all. But every time you take a step towards being more successful, no matter how small, you're chipping away at that rock little by little. Many of the so called "overnight sensations" spend years working to hone their skills before they get that big break.

2. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! Kay..
    Well It is a very nice & inspirational & motivational (in fact a lot more than this) thread which has inspired me a lot !!!
    I am doing a lot of work in many fields such as engineering, MBA & internet from past 2 years with out getting any results still yet!!! I have lost hope too that I will be successful some day But your thread has given me a new hope & refreshed me to start a new beginning...

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People most often just see the end results. I think that the best example of this are the elite athletes today and in the past. Fans would often cheer for them in their matches and celebrate when they win but they wouldn't know that these elite athletes train 8 hours a day at the least to get to the level that they're in.

Here's another quote about persistence.

4. flashgordonweb

flashgordonweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for this quote. I think it is a great mentality to have as we go into the New Year. Large and small, each step takes us closer to our goals.

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good! I'm delighted to hear that scifi. :D All good things come to those who wait.

Nazreen, I love that Longfellow quote! Perfect, thanks for sharing.

Glad you liked it, flashgordonweb. I think so too. And if the hours and dedication everyone around here puts in to their work and sites counts, each and every one of us will be head and shoulders above the crowd in 2009. :D

And one more to add to this to help keep in mind on the tough days that success can be just a heartbeat away:

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Persistence is vitally important. It is especially useful when it is combined with listening to feedback.

Decide what you want
    Take action to get it
    Look at the results you are getting
    Adjust your action if necessary
    Repeat.

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes many things seem to be Impossible & you will find people saying 'Nothing is Impossible' But I say everything is IMPOSSIBLE because the word itself says I 'M POSSIBLE....
    So persistence lies in the word Impossible also!!!!

8. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those are very nice quotes and sayings too guys. It's like saying that we can't be successful without failing first.

If you look at the definition of persistence, it is usually defined as not giving up. So it usually means that through trial and error, and not giving up, this is the only way that we can reach our goals and dreams. Another quote to express this is the one below.