a question of etiquette

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by emtazz, Mar 21, 2014.

1. emtazz

emtazz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there ever a situation, that anyone can think of, in which it would be appropriate for a manager to MANDATE that his/her employees to attend a meeting at his/her home? (outside of Amway, Avon and Tupperware of course)

2. nicckkyy

nicckkyy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Welcome to this forum site. Here you can find lots of things for your question. I suggest you, you have to ask same to any other expert. I am sorry for not able to answer your question.

3. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here is my opinion. Legally, it cannot be required. But in actual practice, they have Christmas dinner, or other event, and you are expected to come. But if your employer is demanding meeting at home, you might suspect he is up to something other than work or it might be very inconvenient location for you to go there. Legally I don't think he can require you to attend except at the workplace.
    But your only problem is, if you don't go you could get fired. You can be right but still have a job problem.
    The same if it is just a question of etiquette. He/she can be wrong but you are the one with a problem.