A New E Space for Positivity/Happiness... Please help evaluate the plan :)

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by Biz, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,

I am starting up a new website that aims at helping/supporting people to increase positivity/wellbeing/happiness, through networking, sharing anything positive, discussing relevant topics, and learning/getting training of relevant skills and habits... A major purpose is to provide people a free/low cost platform for what I called "mind fitness" activities, for the greater good. And of course, it has to be at least self sustainable finance-wise.

The plan is, at the front end, the site will provide free services including

1). a front page with the "Weekly Happiness Tip" (that I have been promoting here and receiving good feedbacks), with a blog;

2). a social networking place with a theme of "positivity", for members to store and share positive/happy things in their lives (photos, videos, jokes, positive news...), etc.,

3). a discussion forum to share relevant options and insights, and to receive help and support on concerns/distress, etc.

(2. and 3 will be the main focus of the whole site).

And at the back end (maybe sometime down the road) the site will offer some "fee for services"...a paid membership area that, for a nominal monthly fee (like a few dollars) people get to use tools and receive general professional guidance to learn and exercise their skills to achieve wellbeing/happiness (I call it a Mind Fitness Gym); and members have the option of paying premium service fees for more personal services (e.g., "mind fitness personal trainer", one-on-one sections, etc.)

Ideally, all these aspects would eventually be integrated, and members could accumulate points from "positive social networking" and forum participating to use for "Gym" membership and premium services, etc.

What do you think about such a site? Do you think people would like to join it? How feasible is it from a technology point of view? A business point of view? I read that even facebook, with over 1 billion users now, is still not making a profit!

And what do you think of a domain name, eHappySpace for this site?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Love the idea, I would definitely join and yes I personally feel this is one of the best idea I have read on this forum. You would however need lots of dedicated staff to help you out with this. Lastly the name eHappySpace is good for this site but you could get something better. Let me think of few and Ill update if i do come up with any good names. Anyways good luck with the site looking forward to this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your input Scarface_007. That was encouraging. I look forward to having you there! :)

For the site name, I was thinking it needs to be "pop culture" enough but at the same time showing it's a serious site. HappySpace had been taken, btw...

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is quite an interesting idea. There would be many people who would like to join such a site. However, most of them would want it for free. How many would want to pay is something which is uncertain.
    The domain name is good as well. How about MyHappySpace? You could still think of better names and then choose.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the encouraging words Rocky.

I agree most people would want it for free. In the current plan, the main services will be free; the paid services for the most part will only charge a small fee, unless it's higher/personal level services. I am reading/thinking about the pros and cons of services being free or paid. Free is of course good for building up a user base, which helps for the major purpose (building a community toward happiness) to be fulfilled, but might be hard to sustain especially in today's economy. The fact that even the social network giants such as facebook and twitter are struggling to make a profit, seems to tell that entirely free services banking on traffic/advertising might be hard to sustain financially. What's your thoughts on this, anyone?

MyHappySpace is not bad at all, but is taken. Thanks anyway.

6. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice and unique idea. :) I can see it do great if you put in the work and promote it properly :)

7. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you jo. I WILL put in the work for sure...and learn to promote it properly. Any advise on the latter from anyone would be appreciated :)

8. StarBC

StarBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like your idea. We all need a couple of positive minutes a day! What about some special paid services for businesses to encourage employees? For example for just several dollars a month employers can get daily quotes, affirmations, etc. to e-mail all employees every morning or ideas for meeting breaks to keep the mood up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you StarBC! You are right on!... A couple of positive minutes (or more :) ) a day is exactly one of the major things this website wants to offer to people. A couple of minutes might not seem much, but doing it day after day, or often enough, for a long run, can do magic to one's wellbeing/happiness/positivity level. There are much research and convincing data on this. In fact, data showed that it is the frequency (how often you feel positive/happy even just mildly...) other than the intensity (How strongly you feel that) that has the larger effect on people's lasting wellbeing level.

Hey, that was a very cool idea of yours :) I was thinking to have a few elements on the site targeting employee wellbeing, topics in the blog and forum, focus groups in the forum, relevant webinars/group training in the MindfitnessGym, and letting anyone who is interested in getting the weekly tip to get it via email. Etc. But yea, Working with employers to send to all employees regularly could be a good approach too... Thanks! If I set it up, would you sign up for your employees? or yourself? ;)

10. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Will appreciate more inputs. Anyone? :)