A method to get 300 Twitter visitors daily

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Kay, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's what the man promises. I've neglected doing much with my Twitter account to date and I like that his method is structured.

Could you guys take a look at this and see what you think please? I'd love some feeback on what you think about how he does it. I really can't keep kicking Twitter out of the nest much longer.

http://www.stevescottsite.com/how-to-get-300-visitors-a-day-from-twitter

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi approach is based on what most people do naturally, i.e. follow people who are interested in your niche and then sometime later un-follow the ones that don't follow you back. He recommends using the TweetAttack software to help automate and accelerate this process. I haven't used that software personally and would be interested to hear how well it works for you, should you decide to try it.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly, I don't really focus more on Twitter since I rarely get any visitors from them, even followers.
    Well, I haven't really promoted it on my blog or even my fanpage. Maybe I'll try to post a link on my fanpage and let's see what happens. :)

4. mark333

mark333
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Twitters a hard one. Developing a large twitter following is pretty much essential to grabbing the quick and punchy effect a viral tweet has when it's broadcast to many.

It's definitely worth spending time on the side building a following.

5. TransChinaMedia

TransChinaMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I don't think twitter has lot to do with business promotion and successs...

6. VVhite_Angel

VVhite_Angel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Kay,

The first word i searched in the link was : automatic / program.

This is a terrible mistake i think. The goal of twitter is to have natural followers. And you have to promote what you do, what twitter permits to followers to read.

I use twitter to talk about my own news (i.e: "new service online for your website, check it at the url ..."), or give a special code to have -10% on a price in my store, or a nice website i've discover.

The information must be useful, then you promote your twitter, RT some people that RT you back and then people follow you.
    This can be slow, i'm at ~100 followers in some month, i don't care more because in France twitter isn't a lot used but i keep few minutes to use it (one link morning, one afternoon or two it depends).

So my advice : Keep a minimum activity of few minutes everyday.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A lot depends on the individual business and target market TransChinaMedia, some businesses and professionals are benefiting a lot from Twitter, although as you say it is not for everyone. This thread outlines some of the benefits of using Twitter - Why join Twitter?

That's good advice VVhite_Angel, when I first started using Twitter I couldn't stop looking at it and I really did spend / waste a lot of time there. As with any social networking site, it can become almost addictive and it is important to discipline our use of them and ask ourselves if the time we are spending on them is helping us achieve our goals or not.