A Little Known Secret that will Make or Break your Online Business! (Sponsored)

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Fergal, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ever wondered what it is that makes a website ‘work’? Whether its purpose be to generate more leads for your business, more sales or simply more exposure?

We were lucky enough to speak with the crew over at LoveClients (a prominent Search Marketing firm) this week, and when we asked them to divulge some free ‘advice’ for our members here at BusinessAdviceForum, here is what they had to say:

No two websites are created equal! Where you place your ‘Call To Action’ counts!

Consider the following facts:
    Less than 30% of all visitors will ever use the scroll bar down the side of your website.
    If you clutter the top half of your website (considered above the fold) with non actionable content, your chance of a conversion has just decreased by 70%.
    You have approximately 4 seconds to deliver your message and ask for the sale.

Many would argue that the web is interactive, and that the "Fold" doesn't exist in an interactive medium. We beg to differ, and did the research to prove just that. We're not alone, either — check out the Browsersize Application published by Google Labs:
    Visit: http://browsersize.googlelabs.com
    Type in your website URL in the 'Enter URL here' field.
    Click Go.

The page should refresh, and display a colored overlay. The percentages represent how many users will actually ever see your website. Now ask yourself — what % of users are actually seeing your Call To Action?

Repeat the process, and this time put in our website: http://www.loveclients.com/ in the 'Enter URL here' field.

Notice where our Value Proposition is positioned? And our Call to Action? That's above the fold, first thing.

The more visitors that actually get to see what it is that you want them to do, the more those visitors will actually act.

--

To learn more about how the team at LoveClients™ can assist your business in generating more targeted visitors, and more leads or sales visit www.loveclients.com & initiate a Live Chat with a Search Marketing Expert, 24x7 - 365. They never close.

2. Shole

Shole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing this great tip. I went to the site and entered first my address and then the LoveClients and there is a big difference which proven me how visitors react to my site. I will now start using this tip and go edit my homepage a bit :D.

Thanks again .

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for your reply Shole, glad to hear that it helped you. Good luck with your site.

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The scrollbar statement is a real eye opener and having spent time explaining to my newly online parents how to use a scrollbar this week, I absolutely believe it. It would never have occurred to me that it wasn't obvious there was more information further down the page. I've known for a while I needed to change my theme because I'm not too enamored with it anymore. This makes me want to do it sooner rather than later. Thanks for that!