"A good staff never speaks ill of his boss"

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by VnhumR, Jul 7, 2015.

1. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For any manpower recruiter, they will choose such a candidate.
    1. Go for work earlier.

In the fact that, you lose nothing or suffer any disadvantages when going for work a bit earlier.

On the contrary, this helps you have more time to master your mission better in that day and get a favorable sigh from your own boss. Looking by an actual way, when you are the first to come your office, you will get an exciting feeling to start than you come lately about some minutes. And it is so bad if you are overdue over your ruled work time from 30 minutes or more. Instead of good appraises from colleagues and the boss, you will have negative points from them and add a boring spirit to continue.

However, it is a common sad fact for employees in several different sectors and it is really surprised, Monday is the day most of us have blue feeling to begin a new work week slowly after leisure of last week. It often calls it the blue Monday.

[​IMG]

Western people are usually punctual while Asian considers it as a normal affair. That is truth. Regarding this respect, it is same “working culture set up by crowd long ago”. Going for work lately shows an unprofessional working manner, or at least we see it is like a bad habit must give up to avoid affects to your career.

2. Go out of work lately.

“Late” but brings positive meanings in this situation. Certainly, nobody advises you to work slowly or stop your tasks in day later than other colleagues. Simply, after fulfilling all affairs in your day, you should spend a little time to overview, note attentive issues or you can help your team, other officers to solve their troubles. Don’t be hesitated, this will bring gifts for you in the most unexpected manner. Moreover, you also create friendly relationships with them. Have not referred to your productivity, you achieved certain impressions from everyone.

“Going early and leaving lately” are the two most simply ways to get the first success in your career at some organization.

3. Only take what is yours.

It is clearly evident. But you may feel shock to read a study on Dailymail (a famous online page of England) with the tittle: “How 80% think it's OK to steal from work as study reveals our wavering moral compass”.

[​IMG]

It means four out of five peoplethink it is OK to pilfer something from work. Yes, is it shock?

So do you want to be one of them? Certainly, the answer is not. Sometimes, you think a wrench or a hummer is not much valuable, but keeping in your mind, it is not yours, it is stealing and you won’t become a thief.

Pilfering things from workplace often occurs in construction sectormanufacturing zone, factories, malls...However, you must be honest in anywhere due to that is always good for your career path.

4. Never backbite about your employer.

Speaking ill of other people is not good, not spare your employer. Normally, the relation between the employee and the employer is “on business”, meanings that they rarely love together when their benefit is damaged. Even the benefit is “satisfied”, they usually complaint about everything. That was just one of those common things.

[​IMG]

For employees, do not mention who is true, who is false, they have a habit is to tell bad things about your boss in anywhere. But, the truth is that you are losing your own image in eyes’ other people.

Maybe you know about "power of gossips, whispers". So, the best way to keep your career from failure is wisely silent. You need a determined cautiousness when you are talking about work, about individuals in a crowd.

5. Hard working.

That sounds like a superfluous advice. However the fact is that we are quite lazy. Have you ever chatted, played games, done private affairs in official time? Surely, you will say that “I relaxed a bit to continue work more effectively” or “some reasonable reasons”.

A source from ZDnet by a survey in America shows that “1 out of 4 staffs plays game when working, even in a meeting. But more surprising, this number is higher for employers. There is 1 of 3 persons playing game in their office”

The thing is fundamental over any other things to get success, that is to work laboriously.

[​IMG]

Let see successful people, they often work very hard. About you? Stop being illusory now and start a day with working because of the success and lucky comes from your daily effort, not remote thought!
    (Source:
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/good...our-boss-vietnam-humanresources?trk=prof-post)

• Like Like x 2
  2. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I learned while working as an employee is to give your loyalty to the company you work for otherwise just resign. That makes sense to me, this does not only apply to your boss or work it also applies to friends and family or other close kinds of relationships. I do not see the point in keeping the ties with someone you can not rely on or trust. When you are in business you can only afford a few mistakes and normally these mistakes are rooted from dishonesty and disloyalty

• Like Like x 1
  3. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i like it, if we are honest and loyal, not many mistakes happen. This entry mentions a very good problem, in my opinion, that is honesty. You're in business, you will see "things existing or happening untruly"

4. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Loyalty goes both ways. An employee is expected to be loyal to his boss or company, in return you have to take care of that employee. If people see that you just throw your employees under the bus to save your own skin. Then maybe you are not a boss worth working for.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Loyalty is a two-way street. A lot of these kind of mantras were almost created by management simply to squeeze the most out of their staff without giving an equal and honest remuneration in return. It's about respect. Both sides need to earn respect and you shouldn't assume that people are machines that work for the betterment of the company without the company working for the betterment of its staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SpikeTheLobster

SpikeTheLobster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go to work earlier? Leave later? Never say bad things about your boss? This is awful old-world thinking. The idea that you owe your employer more than they pay you for is ridiculous.

Why? Are they paying you for the extra time? Are they so perfect that there's nothing wrong with them? Did you suddenly become an indentured servant, rather than a valuable employee who generates the money that keeps that company running?

Items 3 and 5 are true. Theft is bad and you should always work hard to be worth your pay. The other items just promote the idea that your employer is king of everything, which is nonsense.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Nancy Olson

Nancy Olson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like this post as loyalty goes both ways. An employee is expected to be loyal to his boss, in return you have to take care of that employee. respect employees and you will be respected in return.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you think your boss is bad and your not happy with your job, resign and look for better company. You will not grow as a person and as an employee if you say anything negative regarding your boss.

9. RickOldy

RickOldy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know people who use all of these methods instead of the productive work. The level of their competent is a little bit lower than other members have, so they try to replace it with the pseudo-advantages. They come earlier for work, pay the most attention to the reports, lead all tasks in Jira, lead a lot of dialogs with their bosses while other progressive developers are working less than 8 hours per day, but their productivity allows even to work less than 8 hours. I think each office has such "workers", not only in developer companies.

• Like Like x 1
  10. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know many IT firms allow employees to have flexible working hours. They don't care when and where you work as long as you meet the deadline and guarantee work results/quality. It's a win-win management method for both employer and employee.

11. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These days not only IT companies, almost every firm other than IT also adopting the win-win work culture which only targets about the deadline meeting. If it is boss or employee, their aim is to get the work done in the right time. show your ability when you get critics on your work rather than fighting with boss or ill speaking about him/her. Even then also you felt problem with your work environment it is better to shift to other company as peace is more important than any thing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

very good article. I have to be honest and I have to admit that I also tend to go to my office late on Monday :) But I think I am doing most of the things right :)

13. Lily Alvin

Lily Alvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Superb guide to all the employees, especially for the new ones! Bringing this type of attitude not only grow your career but also your personality as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to be devoted to the work you are doing else you are not going to gain anything from it and the people you are working for arent going to gain much from you and will be stuck at one position .

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Loyalty goes both ways. In my opinion when company executives expect loyalty from their employees then they must give loyalty in return.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mark-taylor

mark-taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice Article! One learn these things with experience. The startups of any industry should read this and should follow these things.