a good book on how to hire best employees for a company

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by singam, Apr 26, 2011.

1. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PLEASE CONCERN THIS QUESTION:
    anyone can suggest me any excellent ebook or DVD tutorial on how to hire best people's?

hello guys, is that noone knows a good book on "how to hire best employees in a company?" in business forum?? i am waiting for someones reply for long:( i hope someone will guide me a good book. thankx in advance

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

singam I haven't read any books that deal directly with this subject, although some biographies that I have read of successful business people did touch on it. Can you please let us know what type of employees you are looking for and what industry they will work in and we will try to give you some practical tips.

3. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i was waiting for long for reply, thankx for concerning my question fergal! thank you!

i am looking for:
    -virtual assistant
    -copywriting blog writers to write article on the tittles i give
    -SEO expert
    -then who can promote my blog with guest post, article marketing, facebook marketing and twitter marketing etc

then..
    -youtube video creator and script writer for youtube videos.

i want to find the right people and work with them quiet long term. thats my intention..

#3 singam, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

To get those kinds of people Singam I would say that the best places to advertise your requirements and to look for contractors with the required skills would be in Freelance Sites and Webmaster and Trading Forums, such as those listed in our Useful Online Business Resources thread.

As regards a book on that topic I'd suggest you have a look at Outsourcing Web Projects: 6 Steps to a Smarter Business. I've read it myself some time ago and there are some very practical and useful tips in it.

5. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thankx fergal, i think it will be a good book for me

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get hire a good people, you can actually ask other webmaster suggestion on the people who work for them before. Besides, you might consider to try service, hire them for small project and check their work. I know this is taking time but sure you will get someone who can satisfy your requirement after some trial.

On the other hand, you might need to be a good employer as well, or you will lose the good employee.
    Many people wish to get "first class" work from their employee but pay for the "third class" cost

• Like Like x 1
  7. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

- sigma. thats true, thankx for making me aware not to make the same mistake in the beginning stage.

8. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is just plain luck and a little bit of technique when it comes to hiring great employees. It can be tricky because with just one wrong move, it could waste your time and money.
    Just a small tip, in one article I've recently read, there's this thing they call a "grape shot approach to hiring." What they do is, first, you grab as many people as possible and test them; second, interview those who passed the test; third, give them a longer test and figure out who did the best (also consider the most attentive and who took initiative); fourth, figure out who you would hire and who you wouldn't and fifth, hire the ones you would hire and keep the others on file if you need to scale later. :)
    I hope it helps.
    :$$:

9. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

singam why not join webmaster forum and post your requirement there?
    Tell about your project?