A Cherokee Jeep For my Family

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by youbetcha1018, Nov 6, 2008.

1. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My goal for next year is to save money so I can buy my family a Cherokee Jeep. I love this jeep so much. I know it's expensive but I will save starting this month. Hope I can save much, I will keep you posted of this.:)

[​IMG]

I know it's impossible, but nothing is impossible if you pray and work hard for it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goal Youbetcha and good luck with it.

Have you calculated how much you need to save per month, in order to purchase it?

Have you started taking specific actions, to earn the money required for your monthly savings?

3. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hey, Jeeps are nice, good choice as far as I am concerned.

Greatest of luck for this goal you.

How are you earning the money you want to save? Do keep us updated.

4. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've always felt that having a goal that is not entirely for your benefit but for the benefit of your family and other people is a very noble one. With a goal like this, you'll be setting yourself as accountable to them and will make you more motivated to work hard for it.

Good luck Youbetcha. By the way, in calculating the amount of money you'd need to save each month, you might also try to factor in the effects of inflation. I've heard that inflation is quite high in the Philippines. How many months or years do you need before you can save enough money for the jeep.

5. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks much for your replies. I forgot to include in my post that I won't buy a brand new jeep.:D It will cost me a lot! I am planning to buy a slightly used jeep for a total of Php 450,000.00 pesos or $10,000 dollars. My dad loves to have a cherokee jeep ever since, but we can't afford one. :( I am working hard for it and I know that I can have it for my family. Anyway, I'm a DJ in a local radio station here and an online voice-over talent, and more online jobs. I also have hosting events here (non-stop) Lol. I have calculated that I have to save exactly $1,000usd per month or Php 50,000.00 pesos. I have good paying jobs, I know I can save.

I think, I will skip from buying new clothes for myself and some shoes.:(

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like you have it well under control Youbetcha. Good luck with it and please keep us updated on your progress.

7. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That means that within a year, you'll already be able to save up for your Cherokee jeep Youbetcha. That's nice that you can find a jeep that's quite cheap. By the way, you've mentioned your intention of giving up one of your work-at-home jobs in another thread. I think it would be good to keep it until you've found another one to replace your income from this job.

Here in Singapore, a cherokee jeep will be very expensive. Everything here is expensive and parking alone can kill you, not to mention that we also have several ERP (electronic taxing in the roads) near the central business area.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you considered the fuel economy of the jeep you would like to buy?

9. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, unfortunately not. My friend told me that this jeep will cost me a lot and gas prices never go down. He offered his Toyota Revo, it's much affordable than the Cherokee. He even told me that he's going to give it to me in installment basis.:) I was so glad upon hearing this. He told me that I can get it next month if I already have the down payment ready. I saw that Revo already, it is still in its good condition. I think my family will like it too. Well, obviously not my dad's dream car but it's affordable.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds great, the Toyota Revo is a nice jeep, good luck with it. Do some figures, before you take it, just to ensure that you have enough funds to maintain and pay for it every month.

11. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a side note, we have a Subaru Challenge in Singapore that is being held every year. The last person who has his/her hand on the car will win a Subaru car. In this year's competition, we also had contestants from Philippines, Hong Kong and Thailand.

If you want to see clips for the Subaru Challenge, just click here. By the way, an army officer who's also a triathlete won this year's challenge with a time of more than 82 hours.

Do you also have contests like this in the Philippines Youbetcha?

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

We had a similar challenge in Ireland a few years' back, for a BMW. I wonder how long I could do it for?

13. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's cool! Well, I'm not pretty sure if we had that here. But I know that we are fond of raffle draws and the grand prize is always a brand new car. I always join the draw but I have no luck at all.

14. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I would like to see you going after that Cheokee Jeep. It'll be a real good gift from your side, let it take any time. On the Internet, if you do things right, you can make that much (10,000$) in a few months.

I'll love to hear that you've bought that jeep, because that's what you want. Do not compromise on things/ situations. Fight your way out of them.

15. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks much swastik for the encouraging words. I really work hard for anything I need. I want to think that I can save enough money to purchase a Cherokee Jeep for my family since it's what my dad ever dreamed of. But I really am not sure if I can save a lot.:( So I had another option and that is to purchase a Toyota Revo (second owner).

16. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd say it's up to you, but I'll add :

1) Have confidence in yourself.
    2) Have control of yourself.

:)

17. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you Swastik, confidence and control of one's self is important.