a business plan

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by graphic designer, Jun 20, 2012.

1. graphic designer

graphic designer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what would a good business plan consist of for a graphic designer like myself. What are it's benefits ?

2. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say that the purpose of any business plan would be to define what your business does and how you plan to earn a profit.

3. Sonia Whitehorn

Sonia Whitehorn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A business plan is benefical if you need to expand your services, and to invest in expensive equipment or to obtain start-up capital when launching your business. Compile a great and successful graphic design business plan by focusing on realistic, achievable goals that will provide a return on investment for potential lenders or investors. Hope this helps :)

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You can view links to some great business plan templates in our Useful Business Resources / Links thread.

A business plan can be as simple as a one page document that describes the type of services you will provide, who you will sell to, how you will promote and sell your services, how much you will charge for your services and how much profit you could make based on those charges and sales. Taking even a couple of hours to write a business plan can give you greater clarity as to how to run your business and the potential opportunities that may be available to your business.

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there Anthony Lunghi! I think your wix website is good but if you want to have a business, you should improve in making your portfolio better.

6. harryt

harryt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are no special plans for different businesses. The basic business plan focuses on what customers want and how you can deliver that at a profit. This may sound simple, but in my experience people who suggest lengthy plans are either from a corporate or academic background. You can google me and look for a free business plan template. There are also many others available.

A few comments on your site. It has the right look for a graphic designer, but it takes a while to load. Also the music cannot be stopped which may irritate some visitors. Possibly shorten the music to an few intro bars? Consider getting you own .com site. Hosting is relatively cheap - around $10 p.m. some less. And a domain name $10 for a year. It is not that difficult to get this done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to a recent BBC news report, 4 out of every 5 business start-ups (= 80%) ends in failure and one of the main reasons comes down to either poor planning or a total lack of it.

I highly recommend a business plan. The ingredients of a business plan are the same no matter what niche you're in. And it doesn't have to be 100 pages :)
    Checkout the US Small Business Administration http://web.sba.gov/busplantemplate/BizPlanStart.cfm. It's a professinal website with good content.
    You can download free BP templates as well...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good business plan include,what type of services you offer to the customer and how much profit,you earn.study different market strategy,which helps you to run your business.

9. Rickytaylor

Rickytaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well before starting any new business a good business plan is required. Plan out in what filed you want to setup your business, the demand for that product, capital, land and many other things. So plan these things before and then setup your business following each and every step.