A boutique!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by LordRoco, Feb 28, 2013.

1. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A little baground snip - My daughter is a second year Medical student, but her greatest wish is to start a boutique. She is, infact so mad about it that she makes a few notes and stuff when she notices something cool and then imagine that being implemented in her boutique shop. The problem is, most of our national arent interested in boutique or anything of that nature.

What would you think will be the best practices to make success out of a niche that people wont even bother about?

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What makes you that your nationals are not interested in a boutique? What place do you belong to?

If your daughter is so interested in doing something then you should let her do that. If she cannot start a boutique in your locality then may be you can think of some other place where she can. Although i don't understand why would people not be interested in it.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

LordRoco it sounds like your daughter has her heart set on the idea and she is taking steps towards achieving it. Why is she studying medicine, if her interests lie elsewhere?

I'm a little surprised by that, where do they buy their clothes?

Didn't you mention that you are also a medical student?

4. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your daughter have a big dream, I suppose there's no harm following that dream to open a boutique. Even after graduating you could have such a side business.

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pursuing hobby and interest side by side is actually a good thing and quite rejuvenating stuff....

Since she is already in second year of medicals, no question of turning back...infact it would be great idea if he can envision something like this....

" clinic cum boutique" ...she will have plenty of customers for boutique ...;)

6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LordRoco: It's similar like me. I am student of Management and have done some courses in Computers. But I want to be a Music artist / singer.

I think It's right of your daughter to choose what she wants to do. But make sure if she really is interested in Boutique Shop.