8 Ways to Earn Money from Your Website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by ZakShow, Jun 12, 2009.

1. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The primary goal of any webmaster is to earn money from his website. There are two types of websites: E-Commerce websites and informational websites. E-Commerce websites earn money from various E commerce activities whereas informational websites can earn money through various forms of advertising.

This thread is to discuss the blogpost: 8 Ways to Earn Money from Your Website

2. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the list, I'm been using almost all of the methods for a while now.

3. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's pretty good and interesting, do you think that there is some new and fresh methods that you can use to make money online wich you can add?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Perhaps it falls under advertising, but your list doesn't mention directory listings.

You also don't mention selling your own products or services as in e-commerce businesses or suppliers of web-services. For example hosting companies, logo designers, website designers, e-book sellers, widget e-commerce sites, etc, etc.

Some people also set up community sites, to help promote their own services. For example SEO professionals who set up blogs or forums to build community and then promote their SEO services to their own community.

5. Mynameis...

Mynameis...
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's really beneficial, especially the donate way. Note: I'm new at this so I don't know so much about adsense, and about websites. Do I have to buy a web domain (.com) in order to get adsense or revenue.
    Thanks alot. Will try these new methods (for me at least).

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There are advantages to buying your own domain, because you will then own and control it. However, you can start using a free service such as Google's Blogger, which provides you with the tools to set-up and host your blog completely free of charge. Due to the fact that it is owned by Google, it is really easy to implement Adsense.

The links in the blogging section of our Useful Online Business Resources should be useful to you, especially the 0 to $500 a month one.

7. nirose

nirose
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are good ways to earn from a site. But there are more ways like pay for posting.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a potential way to make money from other people's sites. Zak's article primarily discusses how to make money from owning your own website.

Sorry, perhaps you were referring to using services such as http://payperpost.com/ which pays you to write posts on your own blog?

9. freelancewriting

freelancewriting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great! You've got an excellent list there. Full of money making opportunities.

10. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,

I didn’t listed e-commerce websites in this post because I consider that e-commerce websites are a business model itself, i tried to focus on ways that you may use to monetize and make money from your website..

11. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes i like your concept but You also don't mention selling your own products or services as in e-commerce businesses or suppliers of web-services. For example hosting companies, logo designers, website designers, e-book sellers, widget e-commerce sites, etc, etc. Some people also set up community sites, to help promote their own services. For example SEO professionals who set up blogs or forums to build community and then promote their SEO services to their own community.

12. thresanresee45

thresanresee45
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's pretty good and interesting, do you think that there is some new and fresh methods that you can use to make money online wich you can add?