8 useful tips to design a company logo

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by bmwillsmith, Jun 1, 2015.

1. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Logo is the symbol of your company/organization or business. It should be unique and simple. Here are some useful points i have added for logo designers. We have to consider many things to make it more creative.

1. Use an overlay to say that it has two images mixed as one and it looks memorable because visitors love mind games which are little bit logical.

2. Color palette plays vital role in logo design because it carries a meaning to your company. We have to use branded colors. And make sure look should not spoil when it turns gray-scale version also.

3. Logo should be unique and easily recognizable to the viewers.

4. Use custom fonts for the logo text, for a unique fee like awesome lettering.

5. Don't be complicated, make it simple. Loot at Nike, Apple, hp, dell etc., brands, any common viewer can easily recognize those logos because of their simplicity and publicity. Better to use some icons which are custom designs.

6. Proportion & Symmetry does matters, your logo should be mathematically correct and professional. When you look at popular company logos, they have designed by proper sizes, pixels and concept.

6. Small aspects are subtle, make your logo more creative with a hidden concept in shape, it will appear only when viewer see it with more focus.

7. Make a meaning to your logo, define your logo in your way. When observe popular logos, they will express the title's meaning/purpose.

• Like Like x 3
  2. jamesbush

jamesbush
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the Logo Designing Help.
    Which designing tool is best for 3D Logo?

3. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm nice, vrery nice But I would like to follow these tips & steps to create a unique & amazing logo for photography. So wll it work ?

4. asbrown

asbrown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think all of that is great advice, there is only one thing I would add. Whenever possible it is really helpful to get a professional to design the logo for you. A well designed logo is really something you want to be synonymous with the brand itself, and a little extra expense now can pay off in the future.

For companies on tight budgets. there are so many underemployed graphic designers willing to take on lower priced jobs, or even work for strong referrals. Having someone design your logo who is very familiar with good design principles can make all the difference in the world.

5. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Useful information. I'm not the most creative and I'm not sure how well things will work but I'll give it a try. That said, I've used Fiverr for a very simple logo in the past. It's cheap and there are always quite a few possible service providers. It's always a good default option if you can't do it yourself.

6. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice tips. This might help.
    A logo can be with Text, or Image/Symbol, or both.

7. Sotaru

Sotaru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't agree with the mind games comment but everything else is good information for someone who has never designed a logo.

8. takeshifujimoto

takeshifujimoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for these tips! I found these tips to be quite helpful and informative. Another thing to keep in mind would be; if you have the talent to do it yourself, then by all means do it yourself. But if you're not quite the creative type, then investing in hiring a graphic designer might be the way to go. :) thanks again for sharing this information! Cheers!

9. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You logo is like your business in a nutshell. How can you possibly put everything in one seemingly trivial piece of art or illustration? It can make or break you but in my case I never worried about it. I focused on the product and business concept that I was offering if there are people willing to pay for my product and service then the logo is just a nice piece of bonus to it.

10. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, some people are surprised that logo designers ask for so much money for what can sometimes be a few minutes' work. The thing is, you are paying for years of education and practice that took them to create so simple yet effective. People might look at, say, Nike logo and say that they could create something of the kind or even better-but most of them actually cannot at all.

11. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great suggestion and tips for designing a logo. But I always believe that practice makes a man perfect. But need to know the basic rules and regulations which you shared here. I'll keep your tips in mind.

12. addialex

addialex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for these tips!!A logo describes the brand through the use of fonts, shape, color and images. professional logo design services is not just a draw a line with some images it is more than that. It requires lot of hard work with creative mind as well.

13. campbelljof

campbelljof
    uix_expand uix_collapse

bmwillsmith,
    Thanks for sharing these interesting tips about how to design a company logo. I totally agree with your all tips that logo is the symbol of the company or business. It should be unique and simple. The tips are very effective and I really got a new concept about how to choose a logo design for startup companies.

14. Ruby Daly

Ruby Daly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great tips! I absolutely agree that two of the most important things when creating a new logo are simplicity and colours!

15. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It takes a professional design craft a meaningful brand that best represents your company. A brand is a lot more than just a logo of course, but the logo is very important. Your corporate identity communicates a message to the world in 3 seconds or less, that's why a good logo looks simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mary Plunkett

Mary Plunkett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8 Tips for Logo Design

1.Avoid the Cliché
    2.Be unique and clever
    3.Understand the brand
    4.Color is key
    5.What's in a name?
    6.Keep it easy and flexible
    7.Don't expect instant success