70s, 80s, and 90s employee working attitude

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by patrick0001, Sep 22, 2011.

?

A little survey here, which age group you are?

1. 70s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 80s

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. 90s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is your opinion about 70s, 80s, and 90s employee working attitude, which group of people work harder? What makes you have that kind of feeling?

2. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From what I understand, the newer generation of people compared to the older generations, are less likely to stay with any one company as long and requires more incentives other than the paycheck to motivate them. This presents a bit of a challenge if HR people are from the older generation since the younger folks might be viewed as more unstable in terms of loyalty.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry to say new generation is getting more lazy compare to old generation, this happen might due to the development of the technology. The fact is new generation is not good enough in practical, many of them are more into theory than practicing, that's not a good sign

4. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I feel that, 70s generation is hardworking, most of the time they do work without expected return. 80s generation is work harder according to return, as long as good return they could work double or triple. 90s generation, more expecting on shortcut, fast result with little or no effort.

5. Andrew Clark

Andrew Clark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only thing i can say is the employee in this era, has a good employee engagement with there employer than today. That will be a very big factor.