70% Said Google's Penguin 2.1 Update Hurt

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by mbaonlinedu, Apr 30, 2014.

1. mbaonlinedu

mbaonlinedu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Again, we are still waiting for a Penguin refresh for over six-months. I think we are due one soon.
    Google Penguin Updates:
    Google Penguin 2.1 on October 4, 2013
    Google Penguin 2.0 on May 22, 2013
    Google Penguin 1.2 on October 5, 2012
    Google Penguin 1.1 on May 24, 2012
    Google Penguin 1.0 on April 24, 2012
    Disclaimer: Please see my poll disclaimer post before coming to any conclusions on these results.
    Forum discussion continued at Webmaster World.

2. loveisblind

loveisblind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i don't about penguin hurt or not...but when any updation occurs everyone in seo industry read the fact

3. mbaonlinedu

mbaonlinedu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) Loading Speed
    This is something almost nobody considers when it comes to SEO.
    Nobody loves a slow loading website. And neither does Google.
    You should start thinking about how to make your website go turbo because speed is now a major factor when Google decides who deserves number one.
    Tell your web developer to start removing unnecessary lines of code that only serve to slow down your site, and start removing some of the unnecessary bits and pieces of content (I know you’re probably guilty of this!)
    If you’re running your own WordPress blog, consider getting a premium SEO optimized theme like Thesis or Genesis to help you out.
    Don’t want to pay for a new theme? There are plenty of speed plugins to help you out.
    Consider installing caching plugins like W3 Total Cache and jQuery Lazy Load.
    Here’s a great article on how to make your WordPress site load faster.
    After you think you’ve done all you possibly can, head over to speed test sites like Pingdom and Alexa to find out how your site is performing.
    Fix up those remaining errors and you’re good to go.
    2) Improve your internal and external linking
    Internal linking means inserting hyperlinks within your content that link off to other relevant pieces of content that you’ve written in the past.
    For instance, THIS is an internal link to another SEO related article on the same website.
    Think about what this does for a moment.
    Bounce rate goes down due to your readers viewing multiple pages, and this means your ranking goes up.
    However, don’t go overboard with internal links.
    Only link off when it makes perfect sense to do so.
    External linking is the opposite: linking off to other relevant websites.
    In the past, I actually didn’t do any external linking because I was afraid that my site visitors would ‘leak’ off to other sites.
    However content marketing is all about providing massive amounts of value to your readers, and if there is an amazing resource out there that complements your article, don’t be afraid to link off to it.
    You’d get more readers in the long run and this is great for SEO.
    As a general rule of thumb, I’d aim for about 2-4 internal links and maybe 1-2 external links per post.
    3) Sign up for Google Authorship
    If you don’t already have a Google Plus account, what are you waiting for? Get one now.
    It only takes about 5 minutes to set up.
    Why, you ask? Because it gives you access to Google Authorship.
    www.mbadistanceedu.com