7 Reasons Why You May Fail Making Money Online

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by ZakShow, May 20, 2009.

1. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a lot of reasons that may cause your failure making money online, but these 7 reasons are the most common:

Here you go: 7 Reasons Why You May Fail Making Money Online

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There are some great tips in that article Zak. I especially agree with the fact that chasing get rich quick schemes using blackhat methods is not the way to go and that it is important to educate yourself and improve your skills in the area of making money online.

I'm not sure that I agree with tip no. 4 - that you shouldn't start an online business if you are broke or facing a financial problem. Some people have made good money, starting with very little themselves and entry barriers into most online businesses in terms of the initial investment required, are very low.

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The article was precise & informational..I liked all the points but Network problem is something which appeal to me most..Good network of people can also make you arise along with them & you avoid wasting times in programs that are nothing rather than a breach of trust, thus increasing your productivity too!!:)

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd add an eight reason - they don't join and post at http://www.businessadviceforum.com which provides with free business advice and support to start earning money online. :)

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great Reason, Fergal...Indeed;):D..
    As newbies are in constant search of information & advice, expertise & experience of members here can help them to make their task relatively less complex...Also, over the time they can also prove helpful some more persons by becoming active & sharing their experiences...!!!

6. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's so true. If you just go solo and not ask for help or advice from more experienced and more successful people, that might also result in failure.

Even if I don't want to, I also tend to agree with your reasoning. Being broke will add a lot of unnecessary pressure on you that you would want to make money immediately. You'll be prone to make more mistakes that way. There's also another thing that can add a lot of pressure on us and that is "added extra responsibility". If we have additional responsibility like hearing news of your wife being pregnant, this will also make you act differently as you normally would when making decisions.

Does any of you know of some ways to resolve this?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Extra external pressures can sometimes add to our stress levels and distract us from our goals. The trick is to write down the small actions that are required to achieve the larger goal and then concentrate on completing these actions one at a time. When you have a much smaller task to complete, it is easier to focus, knuckle down and to get it done.

We can also use these pressures to our advantage. There are many people who have developed successful businesses after being made redundant. They were probably working in their job and cruising along until their equilibrium was disrupted by redundancy. Rather than letting it get them down they focused on building their own successful business and became more successful than they might ever have been, if they had not been made redundant.

It's easy to become complacent when everything is running along smoothly. However, an external pressure or major disruption can often be the wake up call that acts as a strong motivational factor.