7 Must Read Success Lessons from Stephen Covey

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Kay, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

See which one of the lessons you consider to be most important/helpful. Stephen Covey is best known for his phenomenally successful book "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People".

Article

2. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i went through covey's book but i found it to be a bit complicated. though he explained every thing so nicely but i believe it must have been a bit simpler.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's some years since I read his book. However, the most important lesson I learned from it was to focus on what's important rather than what's urgent. There is always urgent stuff to do, much of it is trivial and it does not bring us closer to achieving our goals. Spending your time focusing on what's really important and that brings you closer to your goals, makes you a lot more productive and effective.

What did you learn from it Kay?

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's been years since I read it too Fergal and like rebecca I found it was a hard read then. I honestly don't recall specifics off the top of my head, though I do remember the important vs. urgent lesson now you mention it.

I battle constantly with myself because I get easily sidetracked. That reminds me of The Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss when he talked about asking yourself "Am I being productive or just active?" I guess that's along the same lines. It's easy to get caught up in firefighting all day.

5. Azertyle

Azertyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely need to pick this one up at amazon