7 Advantages of Mobile Marketing

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by rdcclu, Oct 21, 2010.

1. rdcclu

rdcclu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are 7 reasons businesses and professionals are missing the boat if they are not using mobile marketing…

1. Better Return on Investment. Mobile is growing at a breakneck speed. An estimated 5 billion people on planet earth own a cell phone. More people own cell phones than PCs and TVs combined!

Paralleling this growth is a diminishing effectiveness of traditional advertising mediums. One easy example is the number of major newspapers that have thrown in the towel, some after 100 years of existence.

From a dollars and cents point of view, it is common for a mobile marketing campaign to show a 20% response rate. This blows away most of the other methods of getting the consumer to take a desired action.

2. More Interactive. Today’s consumer wants to be engaged in the selling and buying process, not hit over the head with one-way messages until they cry uncle and either buy or mentally blot out any future advertising messages that cross their radar from your brand. Mobile promotion, especially using sms advertising is highly compatible with social media.

3. One-To-One Selling. Let’s face it, there is nothing more effective than a good salesperson sitting down one-on-one with a person, probing in a counseling framework what the person’s concerns, problems, aspirations are and then working together to evaluate alternate solutions and ultimately helping them pick the right one.

This is poetry in motion and is what has made the business world go ’round for many moons. However, in today’s fast-paced technological society, it’s not cost-effective.

Enter the mobile device– a device that is never more than three feet away from the average person. When I was a kid, I slept with my baseball glove under my pillow (made a better pocket), but today many grownups have substituted their cell phone for the Wilson A2000.

4. Responsive. Did you know that most SMS messages are viewed within 15 minutes? Wow! If you are a retailer, how much time and money do you have to shell out in traditional advertising mediums just to get a potential customer’s attention?

5. Targeted. In the process of building a permission based (opt-in) mobile database, you can acquire demographic information not otherwise available. This means you can deliver a marketing message that your target audience wants (and in some cases is waiting with baited breath) to receive, at the perfect time (when they are thinking about buying a product from your brand’s mix or when their mouth is watering for a pizza and they are looking for a mobile coupon redeemable at the closest pizza parlor). Voila! Your conversion rate just went through the roof.

6. Easily Integrated. I’ve sort of been bad mouthing traditional media, but only because its results haven’t been able to keep up with mobile marketing and sms advertising campaigns. However, every advertising medium is an important tool to tell people about your mobile alert list, provide a coupon code, or give them a text-to-win opportunity (which also builds your list) in addition to a number of other things.
    Start paying attention to all the “text (whatever) to 12345″ campaigns you see. These text message marketing campaigns are on TV, in magazines, on buses, signs—everywhere.

7. Localized. How would you like to own a downtown restaurant and be able to instantly tell the thousands of people within a certain radius of your establishment at about 11:30 a.m., “Hey, come on down. Bring a friend. We have a two-for-one-lunch special. Today only.”

This is accomplished through Bluetooth technology. Think of the applications at concerts, trade shows (“Hey, how come their booth is four people deep and we’re sitting here twiddling our thumbs?”), sporting events, etc.

I’ll give you something else to start looking for (trust me, they are all over—your reticular activating system has just been blind to them. Until now). These are 2D barcodes. They look like bar codes at the grocery store, except they are square.

Most mobile phones today come with a camera. When someone takes a picture of one of these 2D barcodes, the sky opens up and they are taken to heaven. Just kidding. What they really can do is open up your mobile web site, provide more information, comparisons, offer a mobile coupon—any number of things.

2. haramarcuse

haramarcuse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. In mobile marketing you can get a quick response through SMS as compared to email.

3. spyderjackets

spyderjackets
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing!Very interesting!

#3 spyderjackets, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  4. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very good advice and not overly complicated for providing professional service. I will keep track of this for my future reference. Thanks for sharing this to us.

5. SMSmarketing

SMSmarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the post. I am in complete agreement with you on the advantages of mobile marketing. There is also a need of urgency for small businesses to get into mobile marketing now. This technology is going to become a standard form of marketing very shortly and if a company is not at the forefront then it will be a lot harder to "break into the market".

6. bonitasen

bonitasen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great post,
    Thanks for sharing.

7. saim

saim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey....
    Here are some more mobile marketing advantages....
    1 it is more affordable than conventional advertising campaigns
    2 It is simple to set up and manage
    3 It allows you to interact with your target market at an individualized level
    4 Gain control over messages
    5 It promotes brand awareness through proper marketing integration
    6 Mobile marketing helps you build a loyal consumer population
    7 It easily attracts new customers
    8 Track customer responsiveness to your ads

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only thing you need to keep in mind when you are doing this is "not to spam" other people's inbox.
    You should always have an option to opt-out of your advertising services. You might get into trouble if you are reported to be an "sms spam".

9. ladydeluxehotel

ladydeluxehotel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm.. great post.. nice information about mobile marketing.. makes me think of doing it soon for my blogs and sites.. From my point of view, as i read your post, mobile marketing has more advantage that electronic mails.. It is easier and much affordable to use.

10. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice article, thank you for sharing. This is something I am actively learning about currently so this information is useful, many thanks.

11. secincome

secincome
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Bob,
    Very useful info. I plan to implement the strategy.

12. RitchieBlackmore

RitchieBlackmore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello there,

Yes it is advantageous, i think Mobile marketing is highly interactive and personalized and has a powerful and immediate impact By integrating mobile technology into existing communication campaigns, business enable their customers to take advantage of special offers, cash in mobile coupons, obtain additional, relevant information and receive alerts about events.

Regards,
    Ritchie Blackmore.

13. stevenbrainbis

stevenbrainbis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

7 advantages of mobile markerting

Mobile is growing at a breakneck speed. An estimated 5 billion people on planet earth own a cell phone. More people own cell phones than PCs and TVs combined!