55 Quick SEO Tips

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by RestOwner, May 11, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. If you absolutely MUST use Java script drop down menus, image maps or image links, be sure to put text links somewhere on the page for the spiders to follow.

2. Content is king, so be sure to have good, well-written and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase.

3. If content is king, then links are queen. Build a network of quality backlinks using your keyword phrase as the link. Remember, if there is no good, logical reason for that site to link to you, you don’t want the link.

4. Don’t be obsessed with PageRank. It is just one isty bitsy part of the ranking algorithm. A site with lower PR can actually outrank one with a higher PR.

5. Be sure you have a unique, keyword focused Title tag on every page of your site. And, if you MUST have the name of your company in it, put it at the end. Unless you are a major brand name that is a household name, your business name will probably get few searches.

If you want to read more, here's the link to the full article I found:
    http://www.searchenginejournal.com/55-quick-seo-tips-even-your-mother-would-love/6760/

2. sadrikdomnik

sadrikdomnik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are really nice tips about the SEO as I also think that the Content and the keyword are two major factors in the SEO. As having good and quality content on the web site help to get better traffic. And for doing the onpage seo keyword should be proper.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

can you tell us why is it a MUST?

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I doubt he can answer you since he is not the one who wrote that article.

5. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as gekidan said, I am not the author of the content. I'm just sharing what I find myself.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Search engine spiders traditionally found it difficult to crawl and follow links contained in JavaScript. Hence it was recommended that you also include HTML links to other pages of your site, to ensure that the search engines could find those pages. This has become less of an issue recently as search engines have started crawling through JavaScript, read more here An Update On Javascript Menus And SEO.

7. premeet01245

premeet01245
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to know about seo can someone reply

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF premeet01245!
    SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the thing that webmasters do so that Search Engines, like Google, can easily found and crawl their sites. It's y the use of targetted keywords and many more.

9. scroozlewis

scroozlewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some SEO tips...
    - Include keyword in Domain name
    - AFTER you have your site content start keyword researching
    - Re-write content using knowledge previously gained about keywords and phrases
    - Proof read your completed page and get a 2nd opinion
    - Sit down and sketch out your navigation system

10. georgelussie

georgelussie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are amazing SEO tips which should be followed by all the search engine optimizers to get the better results and revenue from the web site. As I also think that the content is the very important factor in the web site to get better results in the SEO. As good and quality content helps to attract visitors, also it help to get quality backlinks for the web site. As these both are really helpful in the SEO.

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I would disagree with your first suggestion. Using the keyword in your domain name is an easy way to get ranked, but may be useful only if the keyword is one people actually use to find your product or service. Plus, it would be impossible to use every keyword you want to get ranked for in your domain name. Also, Your next two points need some clarification. Content should be based on the product or service you provide, using the desired keyword phrases as a guide. Be careful, however, not to use the keywords too often. This is referred to as "keyword stuffing", and can get your site banned.