50 BAF Cash for Everyone that Likes this Facebook Page

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by ThirdSEO, May 4, 2012.

1. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 2
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You want to "get this bad boy up to 30 'likes' "? Check out this "bad boy"!

http://www.facebook.com/thinkbigsites

That's our corporate site. We have over 4,000 likes, and we didn't pay anyone - in real or virtual cash - to get them. As a Internet Marketing agency yourself, you should know better. People seeing an internet marketing agency "buying" likes may think it is okay for them to do it, too, and the company they get them from may not be as ethical as we are. As a result, they wind up wasting their money on "likes" from people that do not exist. doing more harm than good.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whoa whoa whoa, this community page has nothing to do with my agency. This is a side project with no financial or contractual connection to Third. If you look, this thread was posted in the Sales & Marketing, Online Promotion & SEO forum, the precise target audience that would be interested in and Internet marketing Facebook page regardless of whether or not they're getting "paid." BAF cash is virtual currency, and I've had plenty of it. There's absolutely nothing 'wrong' with giving away free stuff, especially virtual currency, to people who would naturally be interested in liking the page regardless. To be honest, I only created this thread to speed up the process of meeting the minimum requirements for the customized page URL and certain page applications. In marketing terms, the Facebook page is in the introduction stage of its life cycle (considering I created it less than a week ago). If I were you, I'd actually probably be a little worried about this little side project passing your 4,500 likes in a fraction of the time ;)

According to your Facebook page, your company has been around since 2007. Technically, 4,500 likes over 5 years means you're behind. Way behind. Especially since you had all of that time to take advantage of like gates and customized landing pages before the timeline implementation. And only 600 Twitter followers? For just one of my clients I've managed to get 700 targeted, legitimate Facebook followers in less than a year and, on top of that, the engagement rate on the client's Facebook page is much higher than yours, despite you having over 6 times the number of likes. With my agency, this client literally went from 0 to 5,600 legitimate followers on Twitter in 6 months, we got the artist's music in the iTunes store and on Amazon, got him syndicated with Pandora radio, received hundreds of thousands of media plays and, on top of all that, increased his profit margins by over 1,000%. Want to know how much we spent for the campaign? Less than $50, and that's including copyright and intellectual property costs. We turned $50 into a number with a lot more zeros tacked on the end. Remember, that's 6 months, 1 client, zero "payed" likes or followers. You probably wouldn't want to know the numbers behind what's been accomplished with my agency in only the last one or two months.

No harm, no foul. As long as your company doesn't eat into my market share then I'm glad to see another Internet marketing professional trying to make a valid comment on the forums. If other people want to waste their money buying likes or followers for their social media pages then I'm all for it! In the end, it just means more business for us because they won't see any ROI from all those fans they bought. There are some rare cases when buying fans would actually be an appropriate tactic to use within a marketing strategy. It all depends on the client and what their current situation is.

Good luck with your agency joeroxx.

5. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, although the company has been around since 2007, we began as strictly an SEO firm. I don't remember exactly when we got involved in social media, but it was about 2 - 3 years after we started, and only when we knew we could give our clients the best service possible. So we are not as far behind as you think.

When you make a comparison, you have to make sure you are comparing "apples to apples". In order to make a valid comparison, you would have to compare our facebook site to yours (The ThirdSEO facebook page, not the one you are promoting in this thread). But, since you brought it up, for just one of our clients, we have managed to get over 5,600 targeted, legitimate Facebook followers in less than six months. And, as far as the engagement rate, your client is in the entertainment industry, and will naturally have more engagement than the average business.

Based on the information above, I'm not worried yet.

Thank you. However, I do not own the company. As it states in my signature, I am in National Business Development, which is a fancy phrase meaning "sales rep". If I misled you, or anyone else, I apologize, that was not my intention. I use the terms "we" and "our" to refer to the company as a whole, not just myself.

7. addyj672

addyj672
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8. branditamerica

branditamerica
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think this is a good idea for your side project

9. Wildfire71

Wildfire71
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There you go, 1 like from Steve Watson ;)

10. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Done with the name "PrintingRay" :)