5 Ways to Increase Your Internet Speed

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by NicCris, Jun 22, 2015.

1. NicCris

NicCris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Test a different modem/router
    The biggest cause of slowed down internet is a bad modem. Make sure your modem is suited to the internet plan that you are on.

2. Scan for viruses
    Sometimes viruses can live on your computer and suck resources away from what you are doing thus slowing down your speeds. Make sure that no virus itself is causing you to slow down.

3. Check your filters
    If you have your internet connected to a phone line that also has a telephone on it then you will need to make sure you have good quality filters installed on your line. These are little plugs that you attach to the phone line and they help filter out the disturbances. If you have ADSL2+ or cable make sure you have the appropriate filter.

4. Shorten and replace cables
    The length of your cables and their structure can affect speeds. Try replacing old phone cables, sockets and lines and instead use shorter and newer ones. This can often make a big difference.

5. Update firmware and software regularly
    Your router/modem has it’s own software that you need to update regularly. You can login to your modem by following your brand’s instructions. You also need to consider updating your computer’s desktop version, operating system, etc. as often the wireless settings become less compatible over time.

I hope this will help. Cheers!

2. geeksremote24-7

geeksremote24-7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Useful post.Thanks for sharing this thread.Reduce items that run on startups and remove all the programs that are no longer in use.This will also make high internet speed.

3. oner789

oner789
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for those tips on making internet connection fast. To add some, I can say also that you need to clear cache or cookies on the browser because this really cause sluggish. Thanks

4. Oliver Mike

Oliver Mike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really useful and educative post so far. Though I try to clean my PC always and virus free. I'll keep your post in mind. lol

5. geeksonrepair

geeksonrepair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really a useful thread. It is important to keep your computer virus free to access high speed internet.

6. geeksremote24-7

geeksremote24-7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Install Licence antivirus and delete all the unwanted temporary files from your computer.It helps to increase speed of your computer.

7. onlinephotosale

onlinephotosale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi every body

if you have a word press website then please guide me how to optimize your web site.

8. stefanifp

stefanifp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My advice is use Word-Press based hosting, which takes care all the details.

9. edwardsantiago

edwardsantiago
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think generally you have to make a deal with a mobile phone operator and pay more for more speed. You could also get one of those mobile wifi hotspot devices, but this also requires a deal with a mobile phone operator.

10. newbee

newbee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The post was really helpful. Doing a speed test is the first step to check the internet speed.

11. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

A virus free device won't speed up your connection speed. It won't even make your pages load faster.
    Send less data. This means a simple theme, minimum of plugins, optimised image and so on.