5 Steps for effective Lead Generation in B2B environment

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by jaylohmi, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jaylohmi

jaylohmi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It the complex world of Lead Generation , it is very important to develop an effective Lead Generation Process that will like a map which will guide you in this time of tremendous distraction.

I followed this simple steps to generate a large number of leads for Infosys (a 7 billion $ IT company) and later for my Technology clients (of B2B Sales Arrow). This process is the result of seeing hundreds of Webinars, reading many Sales books and closely working with some of the best sales guys in the IT industry.

1. Understand your Capability: Before starting the lead generation process study your list of services their features and Unique Selling Proposition (USP). Furthermore, do a competitive analysis of your top 5 competitor. This exercise will prepare the ground work for your pitching.

2. Develop your Target Account List: Depending on your key strengths, build your Account List Account List (TAL). This list will assist in canalizing our focus on more valuable prospect accounts. It will contain the names and other details of the prospects companies that you want to see as your clients.

3. Develop & comply your own Lead Follow up process: Intense follow-up is one of the most important points in generation of B2B Leads. This step if properly executed will help to increase the number of quality leads. However, you have to develop this with you own or your team’s experiences because work culture, timing and geography will vary from on TAL to another.

4. Research and customize the messaging to Decision Makers: Do an in-depth analysis of your target prospects, also referred as prospect analysis. This information will assist you to prepare a customized pitch for a specific target, to identify their pain points and thus will increase your chances to get his or her attention.

5. Lead analysis: Lead Analysis will not only help in improving the quality of lead, but also help in developing future business development model. You have to keep a record of lead that did not get converted, in addition that do. This step is imperative to continuously improving you Lead Generation strategy.

In my later Blogs, I will further describe each step in detail so that you learn how to execute these steps to make a more effective B2B Lead Generation machine with in your industry. Wish you all the best for your future endeavor.

2. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is theoretical tips not of much use in practical sense..

3. denis

denis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend you to use chat system for lead generation, such as Miginia
    It`s a new tool for web-masters and helps to generate leads. This chat can be started wile visitors want to get out from your LP, for example, and virtual operators can offer to leave email for further connection. This email can be sent into your CRM
    I do the same and recommend it to you.
    Thanks.

4. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agree with Denis, chat system is an effective way to generate leads. You can also take help of publisher lead generation program, search marketing, telemarketing and emails.