5 SitePoint Books for the Price of 1 and Help Australian Bush Fire Victims

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You might be interested in this excellent offer from Sitepoint. The sale only lasts three days and all proceeds go to victims of the Australian Bush Fire. A great opportunity to get a bargain and help a good cause.

Sitepoint publish excellent books in the area of web design and online business. Now is your chance to get 5 of these books for the price of one.

2. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Efforts are directed by Sitepoint to a very noble cause giving all their earnings to Australian Bushfire Victims apart from offering discounts to potential buyers too....Though books are in pdf format..( I personally like reading in hard copy format only..) I think Sitepoint will be successful in its noble drive of generating funds for the victims..
    This will be indeed a true tribute to their staff & their friends who had been affected by this disaster too!!!

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The fact that the books are in PDF allows Sitepoint to donate all proceeds to this worthy cause. If they had a similar offer for hard copies they would have publishing and delivery costs, which would mean that not all of the proceeds would go to the people who need it most.

4. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Absolutely right Fergal..It was just my personal choice of liking reading books in hard copy format...I was in no way favour of sitepoint selling hard copies..

5. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd have to agree that I also have problems reading documents in my computer. I would rather print them instead. Anyway, even if these books are in PDF format, the price is already very cheap. For $29.95, you can already get 5 books of your choice which is well worth it.

Sitepoint should be commended for their efforts in helping those who were affected by the bushfires in Australia.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I asked Sitepoint, via Twitter, to add one of their e-book's that really I wanted to the list. I received a Direct Message from them acknowledging my request and they added the book this morning. I've bought five books but haven't looked through them yet.

Hat off to Sitepoint!

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, this really shows their dedication & commitment to help Bush Fire victims..Also it is evident from your example, that for them every single donation matters & they are ready to do what they can in their limits to give boost to their this noble drive..It's really Gr8....:)

8. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Commendable offer indeed. Sitepoint is very generous as it shows.

I'm going to buy a set, thanks for the information Fergal.

9. romanticloverz

romanticloverz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

a very interesting offer, Wow...they are totally awesome