5 great tips to create a responsive list

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by tomgrandian, May 4, 2010.

1. tomgrandian

tomgrandian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

List building is an integral aspect of doing business. It is a key element in creating a long term business. A list is an important thing to have to make sure you succeed in IM. A responsive list at that! Read on to know about the 5 beneficial tips to make your list highly responsive.

1) Low End Product- Once a user opts in, send him to a sales page that offers your low end $7 product. Try to make the product lucrative. This price is apt because it is equal to a Mac Donald’s meal. Come to think of it- if someone is reluctant to spend $7 on you, how will they manage to spend $47?

Furthermore, you will receive a high rate of conversion for this 5-8% depending on the traffic inflow- it will depend on where the traffic is coming from.

2) Make use of video: Videos are any day more stimulating than plain text. Videos help personalize your messages. People are likely to respond better and you will be able to build a good reputation for yourself in the market.

3) Create Discussion: It is important that you interact effectively. One amazing way to interact is through a blog. Create a post or video and urge your users to check your blog to view it. Try to encourage them to comment. Revert to their comments to establish a sense of reliability and credibility.

4) Ask Questions: Mail your audience asking them about their likes and preferences, any issues that they have or any questions that they want you to answer. Later, you can deal with the most common question in a video. This practice is instrumental in building community and telling your users you value them and care about them.

5) Personal Touch: Befriend your market! Try to be friendly with them. Send them your holiday snaps or something that is not related to IM. Seek their opinion on the same. This practice goes a long way in building a strong relationship. It does not make you look like a pesky sales person.

Go ahead and build a responsive list!

2. robertgilbart

robertgilbart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That was really nice post, I have been toying with an idea for my blogs and I think I am going to try it. I know a lot of marketers do this and that is to give something away on their blog but people have to make a comment to win. I think this is something that goes hand in had with the interaction with your list.

3. oneplace

oneplace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a good list - not only does it talk about your contacts for email marketing, but it can be used when talking about your blog subscribers as well as your social media contacts. This can be really helpful to many people.

What other ideas does anyone have? we are looking to increase the size of our list as well, so let me know!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum oneplace. You might consider offering to email your visitors something for free. Examples of what you could offer could include a free report or ebook. Make it so that they must submit their email to your site, in order to get the free offer.

Another option is to offer a quality free monthly or weekly newsletter relevant to your site's visitors. You might include valuable tips or news related to your industry.

Would that kind of approach work for you?

5. VincentDonovan

VincentDonovan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi I am new to this forum but I've been exploring IM a lot over the years... I believe list building is important to make sure we have constant visitors and loyal customers... I like those 5 great tips you quoted Tom. Thanks man. what do you think of this site http://www.listbuilding.com/ ? are they for real?

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I haven't come across them before VincentDonovan, have you signed up to view their free video content? Is it any good?