5 exercises you can do while at work

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by magician661, May 13, 2013.

1. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sitting at your desk and staring at the computer screen for hours is not something that most of us, who have regular nine-to-five jobs, can avoid. However, what is most worrying about this kind of a sedentary lifestyle is that it takes a toll on our health and fitness. With all of us running after time constantly, and not getting ample time to workout at home or at a gym, exercising while at work, may be the only possibility.

This will not only reduce stress and keep you energized, focused and healthy, but will also increase your productivity at work. All you need is a break of a few minutes. If you are not blessed with a gym in your office premises, do keep the following tips in mind and make the most of it. You can practice these without leaving your office. Do them every day and notice the difference.

Take it to the mat
    Keep a fold-able exercise mat in your office, which can be used to carry out basic exercises like stomach crunches, push-ups and leg lifts. This can help to burn off carbohydrates and revitalize you for the rest of the day.

Take the stairs
    When given the choice between taking the elevator or climbing the stairs to your floor at work, opt for the latter. Climbing stairs is an easy exercise and also one of the best every day exercises for office-goers. It not only burns calories, but this cardiovascular activity also gets your heart pumping and helps in boosting blood circulation.

Stress buster
    Squeezing a stress ball repeatedly gets the blood flowing, and is a good exercise for heavy keyboard users. It also increases strength of the forearm and joints. And it is fun!

Keep walking
    Walk around your office after lunch, or within the premises. Brisk walking for 10 minutes or more, boosts energy levels and helps fight stress and aids in relaxation.

Throw your weight(s) around
    Keep small hand weights at your desk and lift them while talking on the phone. Try lifting weights that are not very heavy when sitting at the desk. Take a 10-minute break to stand up and do simple lifting exercises. Do two or three sets of 10 to 12 repetitions for a quick, efficient toning workout. You can also stretch a bit while sitting on your chair.

Courtesy:Times of India

2. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is very informative.

3. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Simple tips but can help a lot.... good work...

4. MarkHerry

MarkHerry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like these tips that you shared dear. These are great exercises and we can do easily during at work. Its a fantastic new idea for people who have no time for workout.

5. taibu

taibu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a person who sit on computers for long hours I see your post as much useful one

6. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Working at an office for 8+ hours does indeed deprive us on having a healthy lifestlye, which I believe is very discouraging to our overall health. These 5 exercises that you provided are very helpful but I would also suggest that we incorporate it with nutritious food because doing these exercises alone doesn't provide the overall health without proper food intake. Fruits and vegetables are very essential to our health. If we keep on doing the exercise routine but still eating processed foods and sitting on our desk for the majority of the day, we still won't achieve the healthy lifestyle that we want.

7. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Still, I prefer to do my exercises in the gym, and work in the office ;)

8. devip

devip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good points exercise mentioned here as these days due to hectic schedule it is difficult to get time for exercise.

9. J.Rod

J.Rod
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I should try this! I'm occupied with work and school stuffs that I forgot about my health. I haven't had any exercise session for a pretty long time already.

10. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey J. Rod,

No matter how much you have going on your health is more important than anything. Just think, if your sick and can't do anything what good are you to everything you've got going on. A healthy you is a successful you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. shymajones

shymajones
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

lifting gear for hire

Lifting Gear Hire Corporation is a leading of lifting equipments manufacturers. Find details on lifting equipments suppliers, distributors, manufacturers, Importers.

12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good Tips there magician. But there are some jobs where you won't get chance to keep walking, so morning walks can be better. :)

13. spyindiarvind

spyindiarvind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your post is very informative and useful for those who do not have time for workouts. Thank for share this informative magician tips.

14. renniemart

renniemart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing... I would try some as sitting in office for long hours is affecting my health adversely.

15. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with magician661, he had given all the exercise tips which are very helpful to all the businessman or any employees to keep their body fit and healthy, thanks for sharing these tips these are very helpful to me.

16. JackT333

JackT333
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing really nice information about 5 Exercises you can do while at work. keep posting