4th Generation Consoles

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Quacker Jack, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is an interesting time for the video game industry. This appears to be the year for the next-gen consoles to be released. Playstation 4 (PS4) has already been announced, WiiU has already been released, and one can expect Xbox to announce their next console at their press conference in April (?). It also gets quiet interesting to hear that some new consoles are trying to make it into the market. There are two new ones, one that has already been confirmed called Ouya, which is basically going to be a free to play indie game console with (so it appears) paid aspects. It also looks pretty cheap. There is also a new console supposively coming out nicknamed the SteamBox, though I am personally unsure what the process is on that.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming year for gaming?

One thing that is interesting to me is that all of these systems, with exception of WiiU, are really pushing the digital abilites of being able to download games directly and only through their stores. Xbox once suggested that they are going to use this technology and new disc technology to disallow games to be played on more than one console (which suggests the lost of used games!). Personally, I am for one against the digital movement they are pushing for. While it may drive their sales up by creating a monopoly on the games, it will disallow competition and some gaming stores will really be affected by this.

I'm still looking forward to the upcoming gaming systems though. I'm not sure of my plans on which to buy yet though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ashwani Kataria

Ashwani Kataria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

video gaming industry is getting good market favorable for them. due to increase in the virtual effects, animation and various simulator based games it is ready for video gaming industry is grabbing more market in futur.

Since three years of declension, the UK games industry has charged economic trends and entered a period of growth according to a new report from trade body, Tiga.

5. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Believable. How far behind/forward is the UK gaming industry from the US? I am not aware of any difference, apart from maybe games being release a week later.