4 hours workweek by Tim Ferriss any good?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Hurbel2k, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys

I have a load of books I want to read, but I'm thinking on reading the "4 hours workweek" by Tim Ferriss very soon. It got some raving reviews among a certain kind of websites, then on amazon reviews are bot positive but also negative.

Has anyone of You read the book and can say anything about it?
    To what kind of persons is it most helpful?
    What is the message of the book?
    Should I read it?
    Please don't rewrite some things You heard somewhere. Please post if You have read it Yourself.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry I haven't read it, but it sounds like an interesting book. I don't read this type of book hoping that it will change the way I live and the results I am achieving. Instead, I read them with a view to getting a couple of helpful tips that I can implement to improve my work and life. From what I've see of this book I'd imagine that there are a few good self improvement tips in it.

You can view Tim Ferriss' blog here.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess everyone will want a 4 hours workweek, myself included. Sad to say that I also haven't read the book so I cannot give any opinions on it. Don't you have any local libraries in your area where you can borrow the book? At least you'll be able check the book first to see if it's good or not before buying it.

4. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the price is less of an issue.
    The problem is the time I need to read it. Often You need read several chapters before You see if a book is fine or not. Just reading the first 5 pages won't help to assess if it is good or not.

Guess I will read it myself and then report here. It's scheduled to read in October ;)