3 SEO Tips For 2012

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by faithnice, Jan 18, 2012.

1. faithnice

faithnice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With every new year, there is the hope for more success and brighter horizons. In 2012, bring this attitude towards your SEO efforts.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a critical aspect of your Internet marketing strategy. How can you make sure that the biggest audience possible is seeing your website? There are plenty of ideologies and bits of advice out there, but here are three truths that you can hang your hat on.

Content Is Number One

Google absolutely loves original content. Social Media Examiner noted that, “In 2012, if businesses want to compete effectively for consumer attention, they will need to engage with tailored, customer-focused and relevant content in order to differentiate themselves from the noisy brand broadcasters.”

Creating high-quality content outweighs creating a large volume of poor content. Certainly have an SEO expert on your team who knows how to add SEO-friendly components, but make sure you are writing for people. They are the ones engaging with your company, and ultimately, they are the ones buying your products or services.

Incorporate Social Media

Having an effective and influential social media platform can increase the traffic to your site and boost SEO. Sharing your original content through your social networks, namely Facebook, Twitter and Google+, is a practice your company should certainly be engaging in.

A post from inspirationfeed.com gave a specific example of how this works. “Facebook allows you to make your pages more social media friendly by optimizing your titles and Meta tags by using Facebook Open Graph. When one of your friends shares one of your web pages, this automatically improves the conversion rate of your website.”

It has been reported that Google is putting more emphasis on Google+ when doing its crawl. Make sure your company has a Google+ page. Figures differ, but Google has roughly 75-80% of the search activity on the Internet. Make them happy.

Additionally, include back links to your site through your social networks.

Be Mobile Friendly

An article on Socialnomics from mid-2011 has some impressive stats regarding smartphones. The average American spends nearly three hours “socializing” on their smartphone daily, whether that be through text, social media, instant messaging, or other media. There are well over one billion smartphones in use, and that number continues to grow at a staggering pace.

Numbers do not lie, my friends. And those numbers are certainly motivating. With statistics that substantial, it is imperative for your company to have a professional, mobile presence. Don’t lose traffic because your site takes too long to load on a phone or isn’t mobile-optimized.

• Like Like x 3
  2. amyandr06

amyandr06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Integrating social media would be good for getting trust in eye search engine crawler. Regular recommendation of your website, services and brand name would get good social trust signal for your website.

Mobile friendly is the necessary to target efficient quantity of quality audience relevant to your website as it has been distributed over different mobile device as well.

reputation management | reputation management services

3. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is really a good blog you have posted. These three are the most important aspects that one should use to get benefit from the internet marketing whether one will do it by itself or hire any SEO consultant to get its goal.

4. vishal23

vishal23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. dollartycoon

dollartycoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm compelled to point out the Mobile aspect of 2012 and it's "importance". In the latter part of 2011, we saw a bit more traction with mobile monetization. Perhaps this is due to the holiday season, but I haven't fully seen the breakpoint of mobile marketing yet. Many proponents say that 2012 is going to be a good year for mobile, and I hope it is. I have yet to see the numbers on mobile commerce get to a point where we can say "Now, that's what I'm talking about!" As of right now, we're all just waiting.

6. amitmax

amitmax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true.But according to me quality content,Search engine friendly website ,quality link building and use of social media websites are some best seo strategies in 2012.

7. kathyclark

kathyclark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The mobile friendly part is something I got to note. Thanks.

8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well if you really want to get into the competition this 2012, make sure you have a mobile site for mobile devices. Being more sociable also will make your efforts much more effective.

• Like Like x 1
  9. girdharkumar

girdharkumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this is nice information for webmaster

10. Jashandeep

Jashandeep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi faithnice your thinking is very nice.We should be mobile friendly if we want to survive any more.

11. faithnice

faithnice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Jashandeep i am really thank-full to all

12. Ashravin

Ashravin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Totally agree with you that quality matters..!!

13. katherine

katherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Very nice sharing.
    Also,
    - have perfect on-page,
    - targeted traffic,
    - quality keywords and
    - avoid black hat techniques.

14. lray

lray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

good post, couldn't agree more. as they say "content is king"

15. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although making your site mobile friendly won't make your site more SEO friendly, it will optimize the user experience and make your site more user friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hidrick

hidrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like this post and extremely agree with the author.
    Unique content, social resources and mobility are three main points of modern SEO

17. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Based on my own experience, This tips are really true, This is a great post and very helpful especially if you are a newbie in SEO.

18. upineter

upineter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are some other aspect in SEO-ing website. Here thinks for remember :
    1. Inbound and outbound links from other website or blog.
    2. Formating Heading, bold, italics and underline on every keywords.
    3. Use title tag, meta description, and keywords. You can use All in One SEO if you use wordpress as your engine.

19. GWTSEO

GWTSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for posting the SEO tips. Regarding content ... it is all about Top Quality Content, Content, Content on your website and totally agree it should be done by someone that understands SEO and has the ability to use keywords effectively so that the visitors to the site stay on the page and read the content. You could have a top quality SEO'd-to-the-max article however, if the article is not informative to the visitor they may bounce ... so keep that in mind when having content written for your site. You want your visitors to feel comfortable and to stick around and then either buy or use your services. That is the whole point with content! More later about article hooks :)

#19 GWTSEO, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  20. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i can state my signature under every of your points, they all are very very actual. but i dont think that it depends on a year..mybe this year we will see more changes in priorities :)ad i am so happy that content is still important!