3 Power of a Simple Site

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by chrisdina, Sep 9, 2009.

1. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many people spellbound with the things that complex and complicated. They will think that all that complicated or complex, surely extraordinary, powerful, and very good. And sometimes, Simplicity is considered unimportant.

Is it right, that simplicity is not extraordinary and powerful?

It is true that our world is very complex at this time. However, the complexity should not also be displayed with the complex. It's good if we can make everything that so complicated to be more simple. So that anyone can enjoy.

You can see Google. Behind the complexity in the process of Google, but Google offers a very simple matter to its users. If you want to find something, you simply type the word you are looking for, in seconds, the search results appear immediately.

The ease and simplicity that made Google, as the number one search engine in the world. Simplicity of Google is also a trend-setter among the other search engines. In addition, Google also made the "simplicity web" as a reference for the philosophy of the website in the world.

Not only in the design and content of the web, even in the spirit of Google, the strength of simplicity was so strong penetrate. we can see from the Google products that exude the strength of simplicity.

Simplicity is an extraordinary power. There are 3 power of a simple site :

1. Simplicity, make our site become more focused.
    4. Simplicity, make our actions more effective and efficient.
    5. Simplicity, make our site easily understood by visitors.

Start your internet business with a simple way. Why do we have to make things become complicated when the simple was successful? How in your opinion?

2. urbanfrugalchic

urbanfrugalchic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So true, when we first started up our blog (urbanfrugalchic.com) we would tell all of our friends and people to leave a comment and instead of leaving a comment, they would email us. So we started asking why not leave a comment on our site, and they would tell us, they were confused, or didn't understand how. So simplicity and scaling down our blog helped alot! GREAT ADVICE MY FRIEND!

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Simple ideas are often the most successful ones. I myself have often been guilt of over complicating things. For example some of our competitions here on BAF have been a little too complex. As time goes on I'm seeing the benefits of making this competitions much simpler and easier to understand.

4. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you're right fergal. and I love the competition that you make in this forum. very simple and useful to the members