3 Pillars of SEO in 2014

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sonika, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonika

Sonika
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With the trends changing everyday, business owners have to keep their strategies up-to-date to compete with others. In 2014, things have started to affect from the beginning only when Matt Cut announced Google's updates. Google even banned the major Guest Blogging Network. We can summarize the new SEO strategies in 3 major key points:

1. Quality Content- No one is confused about what it is. High quality and useful information is greatly recommended. Besides that, the content has to be free from grammar and spelling errors. Keyword stuffing must be avoided and appropriate keyword density should be maintained.

2. Inbound Links- It is a good idea to get the inbound links from quality blogs only. Spam linking should be avoided to stay away from ban.

3. Social Media- These days, being social online does wonders for your business. Interact with business people, experts and professionals to gain more visibility. Portals such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter would bring you traffic which you aim at.

I hope my post proves helpful to all!

2. erictwendell

erictwendell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content and relevant references are the main things that can keep you in tracks of SEO. A good bunch of social, dofollow and nofollow links can also help you in the long run. It is important to also go for PPC campaigns and keep your budget according to the traffic you need. Hire a good seo consultant and after few months you can do it on your own. Team AriesTCO were of great help for me during my transition period, hope if works out for you too.

3. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, is it really useful for now to get backlinks? I heard that google does not consider them anymore.

4. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm, You mean "Pillars"?? hmmm, thanks for that..

5. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Links from quality sources are still useful I believe

6. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlinks is still the important factor, but have to ensure that the links are coming from quality pages.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Thanks. I have edited the thread title to correct the spelling error.

Both zeropid and azraf are correct. Although erictwendell has pointed out the importance of quality content, links are still an important factor, and it is even more important to avoid spammy links from blog comments and forum posts. Unlike erictwendell, however, I would not recommend hiring an SEO consultant, or anyone else, for a few months and then doing it on your own. Of course, if they're not getting the job done, you should get rid of them. But if they have increased your website rankings, and they are able to maintain them, stick with them. In addition to the "horror stories" told by people who hire the wrong firm, I have also heard about people who hired the right firm, and then decided to get rid of them after a couple of years. They learned the hard way that that was not a good idea!

8. Interactiveonlin

Interactiveonlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How is that done? Are they doing reverse seo?

9. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One more pillar that keeps ultimate importance for SEO in 2014 is the structured data. In a recent hang out with the industry experts in SEO, I have learned this topic. It does have a relative positive impact on the web pages.

10. funds4biz

funds4biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Page speed is also important factor in 2014 SEO.

11. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting that for some keywords Google gives extremely spammy SERP... PR0 & PR1 pages are leading the list while quality content pushed back to the end of page and 2nd page.
    I do not really believe that their fight against "spam" would be so effective even today. Accordingly black hat methods and a good bunch of social alike-links to "SEO"-d sites have seemed to perform nowadays. :(
    On the long run you are right and compelling content should be a winning factor according to my opinion.

12. thaversantosh

thaversantosh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ever time google change his algorithm for the search result . So It is also necessary to change the activity for seo every time .
    In the new practices of seo , we perform high pr site submission , good quality content on the website and more on the smo .

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm not sure I understand your question? Was it referring to the outside firms that have actually increased a website's rankings, the people who hire the wrong firm, or the people that hire the right firm, then leave?

14. nancyisabell

nancyisabell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

Content is most important factor in website, social media also very important but website structure like design, color, speed also very important.

15. himanshiets02

himanshiets02
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think getting back link form high pr sites is also important

16. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another pillar of SEO is ON page Optimization.Because whatever you make the best content,quality inbound links and effective social media promotions to your website,unless your website does not having the proper ON page Optimization means,it would not help to make the best result on Search Engine Result Page.

17. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I still don't have the quantity and quality of traffic I am seeking, however, these tips help because they show me my focus is correct and I am going in the right direction :)

18. aronmatt3

aronmatt3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you see social media is not the pillar for SEO as they do not help you rank good in Google, but generate some traffic for your website. So, the main pillars of SEO is content and link from past and will remain same for many years.

19. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO is to do with reputation management, especially in terms of hostile reviews on sites like ripoffreport.com and similar.

20. marclewis

marclewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting dofollow backlinks and traffic are very important to rank high in serp results. Don't forget to focus on writing quality and unique content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.