3 Inspirational Stories from 3 Inspirational People

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by George Caruthers, Feb 19, 2016.

1. George Caruthers

George Caruthers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3 Inspirational Stories From 3 inspirational People

Robert Rodriguez
    was one of my heroes growing up. Best known as director of film series Desperado and Sky Kids, refused to give up on his dreams. He was willing to do whatever it took to make his goals happen. Texas resident, Robert Rodriguez dreamt of making films. When he was initially turned away from film school the director just kept on doing what he loved. He taught himself basic editing and film-making through short films. After continually proving himself he was eventually accepted into the University of Texas at Austin into a film program. In 1993 he created a movie that you must know the backstory to truly appreciate. Feature film “El Mariachi”, prelude to the later classic, Desperado, was made with only $7000, most of which was recruited from selling his body to science. From there his career took off with various collaborations with Quentin Tarantino, and his cousin Danny Trejo. This is my favorite example of seeing your goal and pushing every day until you reach it. I was blown away by his journey and fell in love with film because of him.

Richard Branson
    , entrepreneur behind Virgin Records dropped out of school at the age of 16 years old. Branson struggled with dyslexia and ended up dropping school to create a magazine named “Student”. Branson then went on to create a mail-order record company to fund his magazine venture but ended up making enough money to expand the record company to a store front. Fast forward to the age of 22 and Richard was able to create a recording studio in Oxfordshire, England. Though stricken with rough times, Branson’s entrepreneurial spirit persevered and today Virgin Group now holds more than 200 companies in more than 30 countries. His business has expanded to include a train company, a luxury game preserve, a mobile phone company and a space-tourism company. Richard Branson proves that sitting back and accepting “fate” is simply not the way to go. When obstacles tried to push him he pushed back with his own agenda. I hope that individuals reading this will find the same tenacity as him.

Steve Jobs’
    story is one we’ve all been told plenty of times. Two nerds (Jobs and Steve Wozniak) in a garage creating the future of electronics, the apple computer. I’d like to focus on what I admire about Steve Jobs and why I find him one of the most fascinating entrepreneurs I know of. Steve Jobs, born in San Francisco, California, was a bright child. He was so bright in fact that he found school boring, and was labeled a troublemaker. In spite of all of his pranking he tested very well, but his parents would not allow him to skip ahead to high school as his teachers suggested. Jobs worked his way through school and after six months of college he dropped out. He was like many students today in that they go to school and lack any sort of direction that they would like to go. The only difference is that he didn’t let that stop him. He spend the next year and a half dropping in on “creative” courses. He dismissed formal education and took learning into his own hands, thus creating his marketing genius that lead to his success. The rest is history. The legendary duo created Apple and to this day shapes the way we live.

Source: The Entrepreneurial Network

• Like Like x 1
  2. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even i have few inspirational persons whom i admire a lot.
    William -Bill Gates
    The one who left the college by choice to create some innovative solutions in the computer technology, he is the second richest man in the world who founded Microsoft and laid hands in development of the MS DOS and Macintosh in the early days of technology emergence. He also has give million dollars to charity.
    I also get inspiration from Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin.

3. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All stories are very inspiring and motivation for me.