23 years old. How long do I have to wait to be rich?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Ethan2, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Ethan2

Ethan2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Life is more and more difficult. It is not easy like we were children anymore, earning money is harder, spending more energy and time-consuming. I have no idea about my dream when I was a child, how do I do for being rich?
    Sad :(

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

"Rich" is a relative term, but I assume you mean monetarily. Based on the title of your post, I would say you if you are going to "wait" to be rich, you're never going to get there. Find something you enjoy doing, and if/when you have a job you enjoy, a family you love, can participate in activities you enjoy, and are able to pay your bills and live comfortably, money doesn't matter - you are "rich" in other ways. On the other hand, if you want to be monetarily rich, it is going to be hard, and take a lot of work, but you have to be willing to do whatever is necessary to get there. Of course, that may mean that you have to sacrifice time with outside activities and family, which means being rich won't be as enjoyable as you thought it was.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ChristieAvery

ChristieAvery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting rich is about hard work and innovative idea's! Dont expect it to be handed on a plate :)

4. Ethan2

Ethan2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometime I have no way to choose, I think your advice is true in some aspects, May be I just need to jump in a business and try by my best and do not wasting time for thinking how to be rich .

5. Ana

Ana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it really necessary for us to be rich?

6. bburkeconsulting

bburkeconsulting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will have to wait longer if you are an employee of a company and work hard/invest.

The quick path to getting rich is entrepreneurship. Start a business, bring a product to market, etc. Do something cutting edge. Be innovative. With great risk comes great reward.

7. austinlerwick123

austinlerwick123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that bburkeconsulting is right, but to start any business, we also need money so I think at the time of starting you should start small business which need less money.

8. tk-hassan

tk-hassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Set realistic targets and try hard to reach these targets. Keep on achieving the small targets and one day you will reach your ultimate target. Never think of the shortcuts and never lose hope.

9. MatthewOlszewski

MatthewOlszewski
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Relax you're young, you have a whole life ahead of you. If you want to make money, learn how to do it first before you start. On the market there are many books of business and earning online so on. There are plenty of possibilities. Invest in yourself, in your development.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being rich is not just a matter of hard working. Lots of people working hard are not rich. This is more likely to be a state of your mind. A number of millionaires had lost everything and have become rich again. Try watching some motivating materials, for example "The Secret" and start to finding out How to become rich instead of "When"

11. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Ethan, look at the people who are below your standards - you are rich already. But, for you to compete with and against people above your level, you need the dedicated approach.

12. M.Ehrmantraut

M.Ehrmantraut
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're young and have time on your side for the moment but don't sit back too long and wait for something to come to you, get a solid idea of where you want to go and how to get there and make your dreams a reality.

13. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Patience is a virtue. You are still young. Just work hard and keep your nose clean.

14. anthonyfee

anthonyfee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i agree with joeroxx great if u want to monetarily rich than u have to lot of work hard and sacrifice lot of things, families, friends, outdoor activities...

15. maricor28

maricor28
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be rich you have to take some risks out there! You need to fail, get into debts, have loans and sometimes even lose your business but you must keep trying harder. If you want to start-up a business, we can totally help you out.

16. Samuelsemos

Samuelsemos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are young and I think it is a right time to earn, but by working only you can complete your basic need like food, clothing, and shelter, but you can't become rich. To become rich you really need to take some big step, there will be more chance of risks, but you have to take it. A lot of hard word and of course patience needs.

17. RTSteam

RTSteam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on what kind of rich are you looking for. If you mean money, then it would also depend on what you are currently doing now. If you are working for someone as a regular employee, then being rich would be close to impossible unless you go up the occupation ladder and become an important figure in the company. If you are planning to start a business, the road may be shorter but it would be full of thorns, pit holes and hardships - one wrong move and you would surely fail. However, if you are feeling lucky, you can try the lottery. You might become instant rich.

18. navarromarillou

navarromarillou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To become rich, you need to work harder and harder, don't waste your money for the things that you don't need anymore. Sometimes before you get your dreams you need to fail, after that you will seriously get serious, so don't lose hope.

#18 navarromarillou, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  19. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

็Hi!

I would like to share the good example story. I have read and I love it so much. There is a man who does not want to work hard but want to have lots of money. However, he does not like to go out for working.

One day his parents send him to live in a temple with monks. His parents hope that monks will teach him and make him change to be a good boy.
    A monk said to the boy, “Do you know that there are some gold under your backyard?”
    A boy goes back to his home and start digging ground behind his home. One day passed, two day passed too, he finds nothing just even a very small piece of gold.
    He goes to see the monk and claim that he has not seen anything at all. Then the monk said, “Gold may be in depth under the ground, anyway you have already dug the backyard deep enough for panting any fruit trees, why don’t you that”

The boy thinks he has come this so far. He might as well doing that. Then he decides planting banana trees.
    They grow up day by day. The boy can eat them all. He sells to his neighbor. Now he got some money from selling his banana. He wants more money, then he try to crop other some kind of fruit trees.

Eventually, he is a very well known about fruit planter in the town...

• Like Like x 1
  20. LogansWalk

LogansWalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As we were talking about in another thread, set realistic goals but most importantly, get out there and make your dreams happen and don't be like so many who sit back and daydream and wonder why they never made it.