2 Step Verification

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Yellow Room Learning, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Yellow Room Learning

Yellow Room Learning
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi folks

I just wanted to point out for anybody that is not using this feature that '2 Step Verification' is available for this forum under the 'Settings' menu.

2 step verification means that you have to enter a validation code as well as the password to sign in. The validation code changes very 30 seconds or so meaning that only you, the person with access to the code, can login. It is a great way of securing your account against people trying to access it without authorisation.

Lots of online accounts now use 2 step verification and I would recommend enabling it on any site that offers it.

Thanks
    Ben

2. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2 step verification is certainly helpful to keep our important accounts safe and secure. I also use 2 step verification for some of my most important accounts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

For those who wish to take advantage of this, you will need to click on your name at the top left of the page to access your profile menu. Then click on "Password". The "Settings" menu will be on that page on the left. Click on "Two Step Verification" and you will go to a page that asks you to verify your password. Once you do that, you will be able to activate two-step verification via an app on your phone, or via email.

Thanks to Ben for pointing out this additional level of security.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yet another great feature of this forum :) well done @Joseph.Shivell