2 Simple Ways to Increase Revenue

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by markdoyle, Sep 20, 2011.

1. markdoyle

markdoyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We’ve all been there. Things are going great, you’re making progress and you’re happy. And then, one day, you seem to hit a plateau. You don’t know why this is happening but you figure that if you work harder, you’ll get to the next level. Except you don’t. What’s going on?

I have two theories to explain this.

Theory #1: Risks and Rewards
    There’s a reason why high-risk investments pay more. The more you risk, the more you can make (or lose). The most successful people in the world risked a lot at one point in their lives. Some of them still do. And that’s why they’re so successful. But that’s also why they’ve failed so much and so big.

If you play it safe, on the other hand, chances are that you’re not going to lose much, but you won’t make as much either. There’s nothing wrong with this. Some people are more risk-averse than others. But you need to understand that this might be the reason why you’re not growing as fast as you’d like. Maybe you’re playing it too safe.

Theory #2: Doing the Same Things Over and Over Again
    Albert Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome each time. I’m guilty of this myself. I do something and if the results aren’t what I expected, I just do more of it. But doing more of something that doesn’t work won’t make it work.

If you’ve been doing the same thing for a while and aren’t getting the results you want, maybe it’s time to try something different.

2. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for this informative post.

I agree, with your theories. Risk is essential to increase revenue or REVs.

If you don't get what you expected in doing something over, and over again then its time to change strategies.

3. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I compare the risk as a difference to a job and a business. In job you have nothing to lose, you just invest your energy and time and get a salary, you risk little and you get little but if you come to business you invest your time, money, energy, skills etc hence chances are you will gain more but if unfortunately if you lose, you lose big time your money, time, energy and skills all paid you nothing. So to earn big you have to do something big and if you like to play it safe, take a job and be satisfied with what you earn.

4. shnoop

shnoop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, markdoyle, you are perfectly right. At high risk one can gain more than more.

5. Ridwan_Sugi

Ridwan_Sugi
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I totally agree. if you just work hard, and lazy to learn new things, then you will be difficult to achieve significant progress.
    especially at this time where business competition is increasingly tight.

6. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It makes sense that your business will get a boost if risks are taken. You have to stay ahead of the game, work hard and have the right attitude.

7. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree. High risk investments do pay off, even if you fail a lot.

8. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yea. We have to do different things or different strategy for getting new or better result. True?

9. Daftblogger

Daftblogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is an old FALSE cliche. Success doesn't go with risk. Success goes with information and the ability to process it. The rest are fireworks launched by those who cannot read (between) the lines.

10. MichaelFrayn

MichaelFrayn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Revenue is the back bone of the country.........................

11. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This post reminded me more of how I work out at the gym than it did about Internet marketing and ways to increase my revenue. Good advice for getting ripped at the gym :cool:

12. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, If you have full skill and information then you can get easily success without take any risk.

13. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those people can run businesses successfully that have knowledge, capital, energy and managing skills. As far risk is concerned, business is name of risk and without doing this risk anybody can not get success.

14. mbitsol

mbitsol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Totally agreed even if you take risk the chances are more of your success.