12 Ways To Increase Your Website Traffic

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by journeyoflife7, Dec 19, 2010.

1. journeyoflife7

journeyoflife7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) Blog Commenting

Comment on a popular blog or website related to your niche. Use a thought provoking question to draw attention and get some conversation started. Use keywords in your comment and you may drive some good traffic.

2) Article Commenting

Go to article directories and search an article related to your website or product. Pick a famous article site and leave a comment under one of the articles. Popular articles will get many views and with your link at the bottom, you can drive some visitors to your own website.

3) Social Bookmarking Sites

Use social bookmarking websites like digg or twitter. When you post new content on your website, be sure to send the links to popular social bookmarking sites.

4) Article Submission

Gather a list of article submission sites that rank high on the Google search engine. Submit your articles to these sites with your link at the bottom. High ranking article sites are prone to get listed on the search engines and you can get a lot of traffic through high page rank.

5) Mailing List

Create a mailing list from your most beloved fans. As long as people choose to receive mail, you can probably get away with a lot of consistent traffic to your website. A great way to remind your followers of new content!

6) Forums In Your Niche

Participate in a forum related to your site and add a signature link to your website. This is a surefire way of getting traffic to your website.

7) Free Advertising Forums

There are many free advertising forums that you can post on to spread the word of your website or product. Join these forums and get more traffic to your website through this free advertising method

8) Exchange Links

Exchange links with a popular website that is related to your very own. This is a great way to get traffic from other websites that are bringing in many viewers.

9) Advertisements

Use advertisements such as adsense or pay famous websites related to your niche to post ads on their sites for a set fee.

10) Submit Your Website To Search Engines

Submit your website url to famous search engines like Google and Yahoo. This will enter your website to result on search engine pages for the keywords you choose.

11) Post Content At Regular Intervels

Google loves to give people the latest updates for what they are searching for. Post at regular intervals and the web crawlers will see you post regularly. This will automatically get you better SEO and you will drive more traffic to your website.

12) Quality Content

Create quality content on your website. So much so that people will be sure to come back for more later. Ongoing followers are a great way to increase traffic to your website. The more followers you have, the more it will entice other people to become followers! Keep them coming back for more!

Good luck!

2. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the tips. These are well-known tips, but they are used by everyone and it will be great for starters in SEO.

3. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very Informative post, I think i need to concentrate with number 8,9 11 and 12 since I never did that quite someties. Thanks for this info dude.

4. h20mysticshadow

h20mysticshadow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great advice. I've learned something new. I didn't know that Article Commenting is also a good way to drive traffic. I haven't did it before. I'll try it now and follow you advice.

5. warrichpk

warrichpk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

get many good back links... like submitting your site to relevant directories, do blog commenting... just apply all those seo strategies on your website.

6. costerz

costerz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks 4r tips, but i usually use link exchange :D and promote it on my facebook status.

7. finejewellerys

finejewellerys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

these tips are very helpful to the newbies.Build quality backlinks will get a better SERP for keywords.

8. khaleel

khaleel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great starters tips essential for webmasters

9. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to add up additional points:

13) Put a signature link at mail reply.

14) Set our site as default browser page.

15) Social networking site: Facebook and Twitter

16) Optimize RSS feed

10. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

how do I get local traffic ?

Chris

11. sahaya

sahaya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

informative. i would like to add few more to yours.
    1. Update your site regularly
    2. Link to your website from other sites
    3. Give away content
    4. Link to authority sites from your site
    5. Write link bait

12. vinayak

vinayak
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice information thanks

13. girdharkumar

girdharkumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi
    this is a nice info for increase websites traffics i like it is important for increase websites traffic