100k to Start a Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by SaS, Oct 28, 2010.

1. SaS

SaS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,

I have got some funds from somehere and I want to start a business with this money.

I have shortlisted a few, but I am really not sure, whether I will be able to earn profits in these fields.

Food Industry (Restaurents)
    Education (college/schools)
    Media (TV/Radio)
    Sugar Production
    Beer Bar/Pubs

I am from India. Would you guys be able to help me?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not too sure about india but i will choose sugar production in my country because 30% of the sugar are imported due to local supply is less than demand. The margin might not be high but surely all the sugar can be sold

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum SaS, thanks for joining and posting.

What type of business would interest you most? What are you most passionate about?

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I only have a single question: Do you know how to run and maintain those businesses that you have shortlisted?

5. downjacketseller

downjacketseller
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every kind of business is full of competition. You should firgure out the comsumer target and the profit you can make. It is my adivce.

6. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And do research on all the business you shortlisted, so you can know which is better and your liking.

7. catpig

catpig
    uix_expand uix_collapse

DO the business where you have knowledge in it

8. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think a pub would be a safe bet. People drink even when they are down in the money department. (sometimes more)

Alcohol is a consistent industry (I'm guessing). Still, I don't know how much people drink in India.

9. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to Business Advice Forum, SaS. :) Which industry are you most knowledgeable about? That's a very broad spectrum you've got there. Can you narrow the focus more?

10. EvanP

EvanP
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I agree with this. A pub would be a good way to go for you, alcohol will always be sold and drunk.

11. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

More than half of those would require a great amount of employees specializing in that field, taking on something like that by finding the staff, building the place, and maintaining a stable business will be a very long and hard task and may become what you do for the rest of your live, so be sure you know and think each one out throughly. I agree with running a pub as stated above though.

12. navast2010

navast2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my views, if you have decided to start a webiste, you should nou waste much time hestitate it, try your best to do it.

13. SaS

SaS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I really dont have any experience at the moment in any of the said fields. So it will be only when I will actually start proceeding further, I will gain knowledge. But fields that intrested me most are Education and Food/Drink

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

SaS, would you not prefer to start a business in an area where you have at least some experience?

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal here. It will be hard to start a business in which you know nothing about and will only start learning when you put up the business. This way, you might lose more than earn something in return.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal here. It will be hard to start a business in which you know nothing about and will only start learning when you put up the business. This way, you might lose more than earn something in return.

17. Cadman

Cadman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

With increasing population all across nations world wide, there is an excellent opportunity for a budding restaurateur who would like to start restaurant.Like any restaurant, conducting a market survey in the area where the restaurant will be established can help indicate consumer demand.conducting a market survey in the area where the restaurant will be established can help indicate consumer demand. Many restaurants also sell food products and cook books.

18. SaS

SaS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you are right. But, I have experince in retailing of Electroni Goods, specifially Imaging(Photo) Equipments. And where I live, there is very small gains in Electronics Retailing as the competitions is huge, you can only survive if you have great number of sales, so as to enable you to offer some discounts/offers. Plus, 100K is quite a big amount for starting a retail business here. Thats because people here buy majority on installments.

19. Alfred23

Alfred23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, I would like to ask what is your expertise area? And the type of business you want? Because it is important to cover what exactly you want to get correct advice.