100 promotional tools in 100 days

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Dragon22, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon22

Dragon22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

perhaps I should have just done 10 in 10 but I need to branch out to some newer tools and not just rely on the same old ones.

Someone once said to me you can't control production but you can control productivity.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry Dragon22, but I'm not sure that I understand your goal. Do you plan on using "100 promotional tools in 100 days"? What will you be promoting? What type of promotional tools will you be using?

3. Dragon22

Dragon22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Orginally it was going to be forums; but, then I decided to include stuff like the traffic sword which is a chain letter type add thingy. I'm also on a ton of TEs. Route66hits deleted me but I re-e-joined.

Since NTC - Net Traffic Chat (the forum that was my main E-hang out) is toast I started a new battelship log.

4. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Similar to Fergal, I don't really understand what the aim is here.

Are you saying you intended on joining 100 forums in 100 days? If so, I'd strongly suggest you re-access your goal(s) and decide on the most beneficial route to achieving them.

Joining 5 forums targeted at your particular market (assuming you are trying to promote a product or service, that's still fairly hazy to me) and making meaningful contributions to them (thus actually building some relationships and a reputation among the community) would normally (I'm tempted to say 'always', but I'll leave it vague for now) provide far better results. Both in terms of the value you receive (when you build trust in the other users they're far more likely to listen to what you have to say) and in terms of you actually enjoying it (despite me being part of many forums as a means to get my name/company out there, I'd simply not do it if I didn't get the side benefit of learning from others and actually networking/building friendships with many of the other users).

Perhaps I've just failed to understand what you hope to achieve and how, but if the aim was to join 100 different forums, I'd strongly suggest rethinking your strategy and your aims for the 'work'.

5. Dragon22

Dragon22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know qual vs quant perhaps 100 was not my wisest idea.

Just was over relying on NTC - Net Traffic Chat.

I've done 100 TEs or forums in 100 days before. Made it the first time. Had computer issues another time. Just basically on the look for more marketing tools since one of my fav is toast.

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I absolutely agree with Paul, Dragon22. You'll get much more out of making 100 posts demonstrating you're a valuable community member than you ever will from posting a long list of marketing tools. Anyone could find those online if they chose to look. Simply Googling "marketing tools" will give you several within a few pages. Sharing advice is more helpful and memorable.

Since more ideas for marketing tools seem to be what you're after though, I'm happy to help. :) See if any inspiration strikes from this extensive list about various forms of web marketing. You may find something you hadn't thought about.

And I have no idea what TEs are.

7. Dragon22

Dragon22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A TE is just a traffic exchange. I know marketing tools are a dime a dozen; but, I was hoping to find some of the better ones on forums then have to E-hunt for them.

A few I had been using crashed thus the hunt for more. But a couple are back up;)

Is today day 11 or 12 of no pop? I'm also giving up pop for 100 days.

Joined a Harley forum from a giving up pop search and they banned me.

Joined another Harley forum today but haven't gotten the verification E-mail back yet.

The Promotional tool of the day was light house traffic but the last website broke the fraim.

Well I got to leave for my just over broke job. I'm still a part time MLMer.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sorry Dragon22, as much as I want to help you, I can't barely understand your posts.
    Please explain it a little further...

9. Dragon22

Dragon22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it asked for goals and my current goal was to join and use 100 promotional tools in 100 days. Orgionally forums but oppened it up. Yes, I do wish my goal would have been a simpler 10 forums in 10 days;)

Just joined sales spider. Before that I joined http://www.freeadvertisingexchange.com I like to have fun when I promote.

I'm also giving up pop for 100 days. Today is day 11. Clarification or more mucking it up?

#9 Dragon22, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2010
  10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your reply Dragon22. I appreciate it.
    So your main goal is to use 100 promotional tools in 100 days? Can we know what tools have you used so far?

Sorry to be harsh here but I kinda knew why they banned you.
    First, you need to read the rules, don't spam or troll, and most of all, make your posts much more understandable by using proper English and grammar.
    Think first before you write and don't type too fast to prevent misspellings.

I hope my suggestions can help you achieve your goal..

11. Dragon22

Dragon22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So far I joined a couple of classified sites, some of the new forums have been more friendly then others. One that I thought was going to be real cool trashed my advert but at least the didn't ban me like the harley forums.

Yesterday's cut and paste was Opps I joined another TE.

Here are some marketing tools I have found. Previously posted on
    http://www.freeadvertisingzone.com/showthread.php?t=569778 which I spend to much time on. With NTC [net traffic chat being toast I don't want to spend as much time on one E-hang out]

http://www.linkreferral.com/adwel.pl?oldrefid=102684

http://thelighthousetraffic.com?r=58188

http://www.hotspotmailer.com/?hsm=dragon22

http://www.trafficsword.com/l.cgi/17001

http://www.freeadvertisingexchange.com/?rf=197137

If I was going to be thinking before I posted I wouldn't be doing it when I just wake up. And reading the rulz is often a waist of time. Reading the rulz is how incognitonot was born. The forum said no promotional names so instead of being my usual
    LottomagicZ4941 I became Incognitonot. I did jump the gun posting an advert on post 4 on one of the harley forums. After posting I saw they wanted 10 post before an advert but they had a bunch of one post ponies er ponys so I thought it would be koshar. My real mistake was posting in the intro section. Had I just posted an advert it would probably still be there.

Here are some marketing tools I have found. Previously posted in above responce before I saw the grammar lecture. Once I had a teacher put commas in a paper. Reused that paper and the next teacher took them out. So grammar is often just OPINION and often WRONG

#11 Dragon22, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2010
  12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry again to be harsh but, I can't believe I am reading this posts in a good business forum.
    Rules are meant to be followed, not to be ignored. Rules are created to be a guidance on a certain place so that everyone else is in order. Without rules, do you think that any country or place will succeed if they don't have any rules to follow?

Good punctuation, grammar and spelling is needed to have a good communication to other people, especially in forums and message boards. Why? Because, it's hard for people to understand what you want to say or meant if you don't use them. And again, punctuation, grammar and spelling are meant to be used, not ignored.

Honestly, I don't wanna be a spelling Nazi but I can't just lurk and read his post without any reply.

13. Dragon22

Dragon22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you know some forums wil ban you just for posting nazi? One forum got upset with <>< cuz it is a hate symbol!!!! LOL

I've been put down for my spelling much of my life. Some say your lazy. But this isn't a school paper. We test kids on the 100 most mispelled words in school and they think they are bad spellers. Truth is they know and spell most words right.

My thought of the day is stupidity is in the eye of the elitist.

I would perfer to be a good speller. And when I first came online I would spell check every post. But then my compter started to freeze up on the spell check from time to time and I got out of the habbit.

The biggest mistake is not making mistakes. The people who just lurk and never post cuz they can't stand up to rulz nazi types.

but then again if I were a good speller I might not be as nice of person.

I might lable people who strugle with spelling as lazy.

so sometimes I wish I were a better speller.

I actually have adverts for the lotto club regarding spelling. "so easy a bad speller can do it"

Might not have caused as much confusion if I hadn't tried avoided being spammy when I started this post.

Had I had a linky people may have followed my goal here better.

#13 Dragon22, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2010
  14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry Dragon22 (again) but I have merged your posts. Please do not double post.
    As much as possible, if you wanna add something on your previous post, please edit it and add your new replies. You can edit your previous posts within minutes after ou posted it.

I have also deleted all the links on your latest post. Why?
    The links you posted are the same as the links posted above. it seems you are spamming these to get referrals.

And please also remember that this is a business forum.
    Good communication is need for a business to prosper.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Dragon22, the purpose of our goals forum section is to "Share your goals & get help to achieve them." I really don't see how your thread fits in with that topic, hence I'm closing it.

Please send me a PM, if you wish to give me a good reason as to why I should open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.