10 tips to start a service based business even if you have a 9-5 job!

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Frankers, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It has become increasingly hard to earn enough money working a 9-5 job. Many people are living in silent desperation knowing they can never leave their job because they need to pay the bills. I want to let you know that if you are financially struggling, I understand how you feel. I once was broke myself and it wasn’t easy. You can and will start your business if you really put your mind to it. Keep working your job now while putting in the few extra hours every week to gain momentum. And once you have a solid residual clientele who appreciate your business, say BYE BYE BOSS.

I am not going to tell you what business you should start because you need to find that out for yourself, but I will give you tips to help you get started

1) What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? Think about it for a minute and come back to this. Whatever you thought of is exactly what you should do. When you are following your passion, the bumps in the road won’t matter because you are doing what makes you happy. Money doesn’t buy happiness, it just buys freedom. Follow your passion and the money will come.

2) Make sure your business is viable. It is funny how many people think they have the million dollar idea but don’t succeed because the market does not respond to it. Ask people if they would use your service and if they say no, don’t take their disregard for granted.

3) Make a business plan. Not having one is like walking in a dark room with many nails on the floor. Your plan becomes the light that makes those nails visible. Write your goals with regards to advertising, administration, customer service, getting people to help, follow up, and execute your plan.

4) Have a vision. A vision is what you see when you finally make it for yourself, the end of the road per say. The challenges you face when on your journey become so much easier when you see the light at the end of the tunnel. AHH IM GETTING ALL DEEP WITH YOU, CHEESY HUH? It works though.

5) Learn to promote your vision. No one becomes a HUGE SUCCESS by themselves. I once met a self-made millionaire who had people working for him for free that he met on craigslist! All he did was promise them equity in the company in exchange for their help. Wow is what comes to mind but it’s possible for you too.

6) Advertise actively and not passively. You can’t get customers by passively waiting for them to come to you. I know you probably work 50 hours a week but focus some time on starting your business and building momentum. You do this by making cold calls, sending mailers, going to meetups on meetup.com, passing your cards out at networking events, flyering, passing out cards at wall mart, learning and doing internet marketing, placing newspaper ads, placing ads on free ad sites, finding relationships with people that serve your target market who will provide you with leads, exc… There are many ways to advertise for a very cheap price so GO OUT AND MAKE IT HAPPEN.

7) Commit to MASSIVE ACTION. Again, you may work 50 hours a week but find a way to do this. Jim Rohn says that you should work 8 hours to earn an income while working the rest of the day to earn your fortune. Taking massive action could mean that you flyer cars on one whole Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm. Things like that help you build momentum which makes your job much easier later on.

8) Commit to consistent, daily action. Jim Rohn says that “success is nothing but a number of consistent actions performed daily, unfortunately, so is failure”. The easiest way to do something is by making it a habit so you don’t even have to think about it. If you do just one thing every day, you will see massive results eventually.

9) Make sure to follow through for your customers. Keep your word, do extra favors, get them great discounts, do more than is expected and you will see a massive return. You wouldn’t have to advertise as much because the word will spread around like wild fire. When this happens your business becomes easy breezy to run. I think I got that from a cover girl commercial but I’m not sure.

10) Ask for referrals. Wayne Gretzky once said that “I miss one hundred percent of the shots I don’t take”. It doesn’t hurt to ask for other people that could use your service because it would benefit them. So write down an approach, practice it, and deliver it with confidence at the right moment.

for more articles like this visit, http://thebusinessvisionary.com

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really takes a leap of faith if you really want to earn much of what you are earning now. Most successful business owners are risk takers in business.

3. Greg-first

Greg-first
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. But business is always a risk.
    P.S. Not bad article.

4. RanoMukhi

RanoMukhi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the tips. i am currently doing a 9 to 5 job, but i was thinking to make some extra money by working online, your tips have encouraged me a lot...

5. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yep it definetley takes a big leap of faith.

thank you Rano. You should definetley start your online business. It will really pay off.

Yep thats what most business owners understand.

6. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Your tips is really helpful for those people, who really want make more money. I really appreciate your tips. Thanks for sharing with us.

7. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No problem Kathy, thanks for the response.

8. nvir477

nvir477
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Frankers
    For Sharing a nice information.
    and it really helpful to me and other also.

9. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No problem, any time

10. nashir

nashir
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm looking this kind of tips to start my own. This really awesome.