$1,000 iPhone Application

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Fergal, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

BarMax CA is an iPhone application that provides content to law students studying for their law exam. The application includes a huge amount of content and tutorials to help students studying for their exams. The surprising thing is that the application costs $999.99. However, many commentators have reported that the application may actually be worth the price.

Read more on The Washington Post.

I wonder will we now see more high priced iPhone applications being launched and promoted?

2. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. I think there will be more real apps that cost more. Apple recently changed the AppStore to have a tab for highest grossing. A good move. This has overcome the problem that previously the top ten lists were dominated by 59p / 99c apps, because they sell the most by volume.

By the way, there was an app that cost $1000 last year. Just a picture of a diamond on a black background. People bought it just to show they could.

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A $1,000 iPhone. Sounds amazing. It should have most of the functions and tools.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I read about that, very strange to think that someone would purchase that. It seems that Apple removed the application from their application store some time after it was added.

Devilbatista the $1,000 is not for an iPhone, it's for a single iPhone application.

5. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Chuff me, I never knew there was one that expensive :O

6. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The price is comparatively too much.

I believe they should try reducing their prices even for students who are always having shortage of economy. They may have problem buying such application. However, I too believe it may worth buying.

7. Elochai

Elochai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, the I Am Rich app was pulled right after people found out that it did nothing, and reported it.
    This app seems like a better use of $1000, as the Bar exam is a tough exam to study for, and takes a lot of knowledge of law to pass.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What a weird price I think. Isn't that too expensive?
    Well, internet is vast and free so why use that?

9. Elochai

Elochai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At least in my area, one has to go through law school and courses to pass the bar exam, in order to practice law. The exam isn't very easy, and the best way to study for it is to take courses, rather than study online. I've never taken it, but the lawyers I've talked to have said that it is very hard.

10. Sshadow

Sshadow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is a very high price for an app. Even if I could afford that I don't think I would ever pay that much for a single program.

11. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you could benefit from it, and your exam results show it, then it would be worth it, when you easily pay it off through an excellent career.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's what I think.
    Besides, it's really hard to earn money nowadays so why spend $1k on an IPhone App...?
    If I were you, just spend that $1k on much more important stuff like food. :D

13. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will be very insane to buy such application. I believe who would be buying such application at that unaffordable price?

In 1,000$ we can do lots of stuffs rather than buying such application. I would have undergone various internet projects and business implementation.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd agree with that. Reports and reviews have stated that the application contains a huge amount of quality content and that it is actually good value, for its target market. The target market is a very specific one and consists of law students studying for their bar exams.

If this application helps them to pass those exams they will have excellent opportunities to secure quality jobs with a good salary and the prospect of a long career. $1,000 is not a huge price to pay, for those benefits.

15. navast

navast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very expensive. For me, I've never taken it.