Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use Skype?

Hybrid View

BAF Cash
    Thanks

Does anyone use Skype?

(Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place, Fergal and the mods.)

I downloaded Skype and am all ready to give it a whirl with my shiny new headset and mic. Any tips on how to get the best out of it please?

It has lots of options in the Extras section. Any of them worth adding on?

I wish I could coax my parents to get online! This would save me the costs of calls if they downloaded it too. I saw you can also add it to your website. I've not figured that out yet.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Great, simple to use. Haven't ever really needed an extra options except Pamela or Pretty May fr recording interviews. Calling people internationally on Skype whether they have Skype or not has saved me a lot of money in phone bills

3. Thanked by;

Kay

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Great to hear, thanks very much Techknowoman. I'm giving it a spin tomorrow hopefully with a willing victim... err I mean friend.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I use skype since year 2007 but mostly to make an international call, the cost is much cheaper than others. Of course, if both party are online, then it doesnt nee to pay single penny. Skype no doubt is worth to use

6. Thanked by;

Kay

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Have used Skype for the past few years. It is great for the kids to keep in touch with their grandparents and cousins.

I also have an account for business which comes in very handy.

8. Thanked by;

Kay

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Skype is really a useful software and it is very much user friendly. It is really easy to use. Skype has all the features that are present in the ordinary phone. Skype can work on windows, Mac, Linux, PDA, poket PC.

10. Thanked by;

Kay

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    My wife has been using Skype for online Italian lessons for a while now. One of the best things I like about it is that if you have a decent webcam with a good microphone together with a reasonable PC and a quality screen then it is almost as though your pupil is sat there in the room in front of you.

She also uses the chat feature which appears adjacent to the video so that she can type in Italian phrases that relate to the lessons.

Another neat tool is an icon that you can display on your website to tell people whether you are online with Skype or not.

Good luck - Mike Dove

12. Thanked by;

Kay

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I'm familiar with skype when I was working in a company survey. Skype is very useful to communicate with my friends on different floors and became easier when sending data to friends, without having to come to their table....
    By the way, I often see Oprah using Skype to talk with the guest speakers at the show, and she looked like this facility.

14. Thanked by;

Kay

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Thanks everybody! I was making my husband call me from his computer in the other room last night so I could set the volume and so on correctly. We had a good laugh. I think I'm okay but will know better when I talk to the person later today. My husband's still not 100% convinced there's no hidden charges for Skype-to-Skype calls, so an extra special thanks to everyone that confirmed that!

I was thinking last night Techknowoman after you mentioned about recording interviews, would it be able to record calls to an acceptable podcast quality? That's something I've had in the back of my mind for Cuckleburr, interviewing authors and having podcasts of the interviews on the site. I'd appreciate thoughts on that please. Also, is there a limit on how long it records for? Thanks.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I was thinking last night Techknowoman after you mentioned about recording interviews, would it be able to record calls to an acceptable podcast quality? That's something I've had in the back of my mind for Cuckleburr, interviewing authors and having podcasts of the interviews on the site. I'd appreciate thoughts on that please. Also, is there a limit on how long it records for? Thanks.
    I use MP3 Skype Recorder for recording phone conversations or phone conferences via Skype. The audio quality is superb and there's no limit to the recorded conversation time. You can talk for hours and as long as your PC has the disk space, this will record your Skype calls and conversations.

What's your Skype id? I'll add you if you like

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    You can certainly record to an acceptable quality to podcast - I know a number of internet marketers who do using Pamela or Pretty May mainly. I think they are both free for 15min and then incur charges. Can't remember more details without searching but if you take a look in Google there is plenty of info around.

18. Thanked by;

Kay

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecknowoman View Post
    You can certainly record to an acceptable quality to podcast - I know a number of internet marketers who do using Pamela or Pretty May mainly. I think they are both free for 15min and then incur charges. Can't remember more details without searching but if you take a look in Google there is plenty of info around.
    Shall do! Thanks again for the information. That's good to know.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I use it on occasion, for both personal and business use - it really is helpful and worth having.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    I was using skype a few days back when a popup appeared to tell me that my pasword had been changed and that I needed to login using "my" new password. Of course I couldn't as the password/account had been hijacked. I have contacted Skype and am awaiting a response. Others with similar experiences have indicated 4-10 DAYS response times from Skype before things start happening.

Googling 'Skype password hijack' will bring up 1000s of hits, clearly indicating that this is a widespread and unaddressed issue, and a clear indication that Skype does not/can not help - once you are locked out, the process to restore your account is beyond most people's capacity to provide necessary info. You need to have details of your last credit card transaction with Skype, original email that you used to set up the acct etc etc - if you don't have these, sorry, you're out of luck.

BAF Cash
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aandybinaton View Post
    I was using skype a few days back when a popup appeared to tell me that my pasword had been changed and that I needed to login using "my" new password. Of course I couldn't as the password/account had been hijacked. I have contacted Skype and am awaiting a response. Others with similar experiences have indicated 4-10 DAYS response times from Skype before things start happening.

Googling 'Skype password hijack' will bring up 1000s of hits, clearly indicating that this is a widespread and unaddressed issue, and a clear indication that Skype does not/can not help - once you are locked out, the process to restore your account is beyond most people's capacity to provide necessary info. You need to have details of your last credit card transaction with Skype, original email that you used to set up the acct etc etc - if you don't have these, sorry, you're out of luck.
    lolz
    the last time i use skype, someone just send me a message. saying he found me. thru searching my name.

i'm now using pidgin as i think this is better.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast